Homeowners in the GTA are being sought for the new season of HGTV’s Backyard Builds. The show, hosted by designer Sarah Keenleyside and contractor Brian McCourt, gives homeowners' lacklustre backyards a total makeover. Now, the home improvement network is casting Toronto-area homeowners for the new season of Backyard Builds. HGTV is even contributing $10,000 towards the dream projects of the selected participants.
“Design duo Brian and Sarah are ready to show you the endless opportunities outdoor areas can provide by maximizing your backyard’s potential with tailored, one-of-a-kind solutions," reads HGTV's casting call.
"Shipping container, yoga studios, adult tree houses, kids’ sleepover suite, garden igloo, workshop, accessibility options -- we want to help you create interesting structures that expand and beautify your living space."
Those interested in the being on the show will have to pass several requirements in order to qualify:
- Own a home that is within 30-40 minutes outside of downtown Toronto.
- Be available to appear as well as be interviewed on-camera between the months of April to November.
- Have an outline of what you would like your new backyard to look like.
- Have put aside at least $45,000 of their own money to fund the recreation on their backyard.
- Be enthusiastic and outgoing and ready to help put into action your backyard dreams.
According to HGTV, the $10,000 awarded to selected participants will be put towards “the labour and materials “involved in the project. Participants also have the option of sending in a video of themselves and their home to help give showrunners a better understanding of their plans.
Backyard Builds first launched on HGTV back in 2017, and since then the series has gone to great success receiving a nomination at the 2018 Canadian Screen Awards for Best Lifestyle Program.
To submit your application to HGTV's Backyard Builds, check out their online form.