Big things are coming to Mississauga's Square One Shopping Centre. Hot on the heels of Upper Canada Mall's new food market, Market & Co., comes The Food District - a best-in-class food market with 22 specialty vendors. The Food District is set to open on April 4th, 2019 and will transform Square One into one of Mississauga's best destinations for food.
The Food District will span across 40,000 square feet and will double as a place for visitors to gather, relax and share a meal. The centrepiece of the new Food District, called The District Kitchen, will be an interactive demonstration space that hosts cooking classes, tastings, dinner parties and events.
Some of the most exciting additions to The Food District include La Carnita's top-rated Mexican food, The Box Donut's over-the-top donuts, authentic Dal Moro's pasta, ribs from Blackjack BBQ, Craft Chippery's gourmet chips and Toronto's favourite Hale Coffee.
Here's the complete list of merchants coming to Square One's Food District:
- Arvinda's – Purveyors of easy-to-use, pre-packaged Indian spice blends.
- Bake Three Fifty – Build-your-own cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches and milkshakes.
- Blackjack BBQ – Best known for its Sweet Whisky Pork Ribs and Dinosaur Beef Ribs.
- Blossom Moments – Gorgeous bouquets, with arrangements for any occasion.
- BRØD – Delicious and authentic Danish pastry house.
- Craft Chippery – Where fresh, gourmet chips are made right in front of your eyes.
- Chocollata Gourmet – Specializing in Brazilian brigadeiros.
- Dal Moro's Pasta – Authentic pasta, made from scratch.
- Hale Coffee – Toronto-based specialty coffee roaster.
- Kingston Olive Oil Co. – Quality cooking oils, such as roasted almond and black truffle.
- La Carnita – Finest, to-go Mexican food.
- MidiCi – Authentic Neapolitan pizza maker.
- Pier 87 Fish Market & Grill – Providing top quality, sustainable seafood.
- Plancha – Original, open-flamed Spanish cooking.
- Seed to Sausage – Charcuterie plate master, providing locally made, artisanal cured meats.
- Sugar King Factory – Destination for candy, chocolate and anything sweet.
- Sweet Jesus – Delicious ice cream shop with experiential flavour options.
- Tao Tea Leaf – Providing over 180 varieties of tea.
- The Box Donut – The finest and most decadent donuts.
- The Macaroon Boutique – Picture-perfect French desserts.
- The Pie Commission – Sultry, mouth-watering pies such as Beef'n Beer and Butter Chicken.
- Village Juicery – The go-to, cold-pressed juice destination.
The artisan market will provide 250 full and part-time jobs, which will be hired in March at The Food District's official career fair.
The Food District will be opening at the mall's brand new West expansion, which will also soon be home to The Rec Room and Uniqlo. To read more about what's coming to Square One's new expansion, click here.