In the wake of the van attack in Toronto earlier this week there was an outpouring of support from around the world to express solidarity with the city. 

Much like the GoFundMe page that was set up in support of the Humboldt Brocos after their tragic bus crash a similar intuitive has been set up in support of victims in Toronto who were affected by the van attack, and many have gotten involved. 

Earlier today it was announced that the fund had surpassed a truly amazing mark. 

Over $1 million has been raised to at this point.  

At the time of writing the exact total of the fund is $1,184, 512 which is simply astounding. 

The funds goal has now been set at $2 million.  

Via torontofoundation.ca

According to the funds page, “the #TorontoStrong Fund will identify organizations and agencies to benefit from these donations in a coordinated, accountable manner.” As well as, “practical assistance to cover the cost of some emergency expenses for survivors, their families, families of the victims, and witnesses and their families.”  

In a news release Toronto mayor John Tory said that the fund has shown a city “united in grief and the desire to support those affected by Monday’s attack.”

 “The horrific events of April 23 have shown the world how Toronto responds to tragedy,” he said.  

Tory will be participating in a vigil to remember the victims this weekend.  

Over 20 different corporations have donated to the fund, along with many private citizens of the city. 

If you’d like to contribute yourself, you can do so at this link here.

Source: CP24

Comments are now closed.
Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications