Going to school in Ontario comes with a verrrrrry high price. Tuition rates at Ontario universities are some of the highest across Canada. Not to mention students' current rent crisis in the heart of Toronto. Most can't afford much on a minimum wage, yet alone a Toronto flat.
And thus, sugar babies are born-- who doesn't dream of the ability to afford the high cost of living in the city while attending university? This is the only way some students can pay for post-secondary education costs.
For those of you who need clarification, according to SeekingArrangement.com , "Sugar Babies enjoy a life of luxury by being pampered with fine dinners, exotic trips and allowances. In turn, Sugar Daddies or Mommas find beautiful members to accompany them at all times”. This website shows that the number of Ryerson students who are looking to become sugar babies is quickly growing.
READ ALSO: What It’s Like To Have A Toronto Sugar Daddy
Directly ahead of Ryerson is the University of Alberta, coming in at first place. The company's annual list of "Fastest Growing Sugar Baby Schools" in Canada was released earlier this year:
Being a sugar baby doesn't mean you're digging for gold per say. Maybe you just want to meet a guy who doesn't spend 80% of his time swiping right on tinder and the other 20% playing video games. Whether this is the case or not, sugar daddies can help pay the bills one way or another. The most expensive cities tend to be the ones with the most sugar babies. Sugar babies do not have to participate in sexual intercourse for money, although sometimes it does happen. Young people are just finding ways to close the gap between what their pay check will cover and what they need to live $$.
Millennials are resourceful. With Canada's economy, they need to work with what they got. Instead of going into serious debt, young people are utilizing non-traditional employment to pay the bills.
READ ALSO: 12 Places To Meet Successful Men In Toronto
What do you think of this? Comment below!