The TTC will be shutting down a busy Riverdale intersection for approximately a month as construction crews prepare to replace streetcar tracks on this route.
As of Monday, July 2nd Broadview Avenue and Dundas Street will be closed to drivers, only permitting northbound travel between Gerrard Street East and Dundas Street East. Broadview Avenue will only be open between Gerrard and Danforth.
The intersection is expected to reopen on Monday, July 23rd, but that reopening will preface a second closure which will shut down Broadview Avenue and Gerrard Street East from July 24th to September 8th.
But fear not because there are alternative routes drivers can use during the closures. Drivers looking to travel east-west can utilize Eastern Avenue to the south and Gerrard Street and Danforth Avenue to the north. Drivers looking to travel north-south can access Parliament Street to the west and Jones Avenue to the east.
From June 24-July 23, '504D King' replacement buses diverting via Broadview Station, King, Parliament, and 505 Dundas diverting via Gerrard, River due to track replacement at Broadview and Dundas. Complete service impacts at https://t.co/4l2mEAcxeZ— Official TTC Tweets (@TTCnotices) June 25, 2018
Work will occur mainly between Monday and Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. and on weekends from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Although the city says there are some days where work will occur on a 24/7 basis.
504 streetcars will extend to Queen Street East and Kingston Road, and will not access Broadview Station. However, commuters can access Broadview Station via the 504 D temporary bus route. While 505 buses will be rerouted along Gerrard Street East, Dundas Street East, River Street and Broadview Avenue.
The following routes are affected:
- 504A Dundas West Station to the Distillery Loop will operate at all times of the day with low-floor streetcars.
- 503/504B Dufferin Gate Loop (Exhibition) to Bingham Loop (Victoria Park) will operate during the daytime, Monday to Friday.
- 504C Dufferin Gate Loop (Exhibition) to Woodbine Loop (Queen St. and Kingston Rd.) will operate in the evening, Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- 504D Broadview Station to Parliament St. buses will replace streetcar service on Broadview Ave.
- 514 Cherry service will be temporarily replaced by 504 King service during the summer months.