Calling all witches and wizards — Ontario's massive Harry Potter-themed festival returns this year, and it's going to be the most magical one yet!
The 2018 Festival of Wizardry will take place in Blythe Ont., transforming the small town into a full-fledged Wizarding World. There will be lots of magical activities inspired by the Harry Potter series scheduled for the three-day festival, including:
- A Quidditch Canada tournament,
- The Borealis School for Aspiring Witches and Wizards (featuring Defence Against Dark Magic, Diviniation, Magical Animal Care, Potions and Craft classes),
- Games, workshops, a 'snake pit' networking session, and escape rooms,
- Live musical performances by the Lovegoods,
- Costume contests,
- A Poly-Wizard Cup (featuring mazes and riddles),
- A VR experiences,
- A Restricted Section (featuring themed alcoholic drinks for 19+ individuals),
- Dining in the Great Hall, and
- Three vendor tents
The last day will be reserved for magical workshops, informative panels and celebrity meet-and-greets. This year, the featured guest is actress Bonnie Wright, who played Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter films.
Last year's event sold out several months before opening day, but this year you won't have to worry — several tickets are still available for sale via the Transfigured Town website. Prices are as follows:
Buy tickets here. See you there!
Cover photo is of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, Florida. Used for illustrative purposes only.