There's no denying that summer is the most romantic season of the year for couples. When the weather's warm, the city's bustling with events and activities, and couples are walking around holding hands, you can't help but feel all the love.
There are plenty of romantic summer activities to do in the city, but there are also many outside of the city you can check out with your S/O. Here are just a few of them you might want to cross off your list.
1. Take them to see the skyline on Mariposa Cruises.
Gazing at the Toronto skyline is one of the most romantic activities you can do in Toronto. You can get a nonstop view of the skyline while on a cruise with Mariposa Cruises. They've got a bunch of special event cruises happening all summer long, including their Sip & Sail cocktail cruises.
2. Take them to the Scarborough Bluffs.
Go on a little nature escape close to the city. The Bluffs are gorgeous year-round, but they're especially beautiful in the summertime.
3. Take them to see the skyline at Humber Bay Park in Etobicoke.
Take a walk on the beautiful Humber Bridge and watch the sunset over the skyline at Humber Bay Park.
4. Take them to Kariya Park in Mississauga.
Don't really feel like actually *doing* anything? Take them for a walk around the stunning Kariya Park.
5. Take them for a ride at Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan.
Love is a rollercoaster, and so are all the rides you'll be checking out at Wonderland.
6. Take them to the historic Main Street Unionville in Markham.
Explore the little village, take a walk around the pond, and grab some delicious ice cream at Old Firehall. It's just as cute as the Distillery District.
7. Take them for a romantic walk at Richmond Green in Richmond Hill.
This pretty park is radiating with romance and it's the perfect place to take a walk with your S/O.
8. Take them to the Stardust Drive-In in Newmarket.
You could watch a movie in your regular theatre, or you could try something different and watch a movie at a drive-in theatre instead.
9. Take them to Lake Simcoe in Georgina.
Try different water activities or even go fishing at Lake Simcoe. Stay for the beautiful (and romantic) sunset over the water.
10. Take them on a hike to see the gorgeous waterfalls in Hamilton.
What could be more romantic than watching waterfalls cascade over timeworn rocks? There are over 100 waterfalls in Hamilton, and many of them are pretty darn stunning. Be sure to research which falls you want to visit ahead of time!
11. Take them to Niagara Falls.
Hiking not your cup of tea? Take your S/O to see the Niagara Falls instead. At nighttime, it lights up in beautiful colours.
12. Take them to drink wine and listen to music under the stars in Niagara.
Sure, you can take your S/O to any concert or festival this summer, but none of them will be as romantic as one at the Jackson-Triggs Amphitheatre Concert Series. You can sip on delicious wine while enjoying music from top Canadian artists, including Stars, Dan Mangan, Bahamas, and Arkells.
13. Take them on a stroll along Wasaga Beach.
Stroll hand-in-hand with your toes in the warm sand.
14. Take them to the Grotto in Tobermory.
Make it clear how much you love them by taking them to see the clearest water they'll ever see in Ontario.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto