Hey you, congratulations, you've made it to December! Despite what this past season and/or school semester may have thrown at you, you've managed to make it through alive. As you hand in those final papers for the semester, you might already be thinking of how to treat yourself to some fun this weekend.
Well, we can't think of a better way to celebrate the end of a tough week than with the following recommendations we've got listed for you below! Cheers!
1. Check out the 2016 Video Drunk Film Festival, described as "where punk, avant-garde, classical and Oscar nominees are forced to meet."
2. Support the Raptors in their game against the Lakers at the ACC Friday evening.
3. Make reservations at any one of the currently most popular restaurants in Toronto.
4. Return to a holiday classic with A Christmas Carol performed at the Yonge Centre for the Performing Arts in the Distillery District.
5. Have a laugh with Eat, Buy, Repeat: The Second City's Guide to the Holidays live comedy show.
6. Opt for a cheap winter date night with our list of fun recommendations.
7. Party with Lil Jon at Rebel this Saturday night.
8. Hit up Wishlist, a holiday gift pop-up shop featuring innovative brands like Frank + Oak, KOTN, and Chance & Fate.
9. Binge on as much Domino's pizza as your heart desires with 50% off all orders all weekend!
10. Watch The Lord of the Rings' The Fellowship of the Ring come to life with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra as they perform the soundtrack accompaniment live as you watch the epic film.
11. Support the LGBTQ+ community at PINK XMAS 2016, a holiday market featuring art, music, fashion and other offerings from queer creators.
12. It's officially cuffing season - check out these hot spots in the city for finding that special someone.
13. Head over to Bar Reyna during happy hour on Friday for their 7 @ $7 menu, including choices like red or white wine, zucchini fritters, beer, baklava or their weekly featured cocktail.
14. Satisfy your sweet tooth at the WEST Toronto Bakers Market - vegan, raw, and gluten-free options will be available as well! PS: their Instagram is drool-worthy, just saying.
15. Grab a friend and go taste-testing at these bucketlist vegan restaurants across the GTA.
16. Support the Black Lives Matter event Love Is The Cure: #SaveWatah Fundraiser - there will be a performance showcase, raffles/giveaways, and a DJ lineup spinning your favourite tunes.
17. See the Chihuly glass art exhibition at the ROM, a breathtaking sensory display of colour, light and form you won't soon forget.
18. Consider our recommendations for free things to do this month in the city if your bank account just really needs a breather at this time of the year.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto