Summer is quickly coming to an end (September 22nd to be exact) and you need to do something memorable to end it off! If you've been stuck inside working all summer and you're looking to take advantage of the sunshine, then it's time to explore our city.
Toronto has so many awesome activities, restaurants, festivals and outdoor spaces to offer. In order to making things a little less daunting, I have put together a list of 29 things to do in your last 29 days of summer.
Have fun Toronto, and enjoy the sunshine while we have it! :)
1.Get your popsicle fix at Seven Lives in Kensington Market
You might as well take advantage of popsicle season while you have the chance, before you know it you'll be craving pumpkin spice lattes or anything that will keep your hands warm.
2. Have a picnic in Riverdale park
Riverdale park has a very underrated view of the Toronto skyline, which makes it the perfect place for a peaceful picnic.
Photo cred -@meghanyuriyoung
3. Catch a summer block buster at the Drive In
The drive in is an awesome deal if you're looking to spend a summer night vegging out. Take a mini road trip to Oakville and enjoy a lazy summer evening.
4. Treat yourself at the Union Summer Food Festival
Union summer is slowly coming to an end, so get your food festival fix while you still can!
5. Check out the St. Lawrence Market
There are so many awesome venders at the St. Lawrence Market, be sure to grab some of the awesome sunflowers while they're still in season.
6. De-stress with a walk through Trinity Bellwoods park
It's free, it's beautiful, and it's good exercise. So you can't really pass it up.
7. Enjoy a Sunday Morning iced latte on Early Bird's patio
Take advantage of patio season while you still can, we both know you'll be craving it once November hits.
8. Take a break from the summer heat at Chill Bar
This will probably be one of the last times you'll be complaining about the heat for a while. Cool down at Toronto's very own ice bar!
9. Get your ice cream fix at Arctic Bites
Summer weather is the perfect excuse to eat ice cream. Not that you really need an excuse for Arctic Bites.
10. Read one last summer novel before you switch to textbooks
Pick up a summer novel you've been wanting to read for a while. Once September rolls around you'll likely only be reading textbooks.
11. Go on a Distillery District Date and pick a spot for your love lock
Yes, it's incredibly cheesy, but it's also annoyingly adorable.
12. Show your Toronto pride at a Jay's Game!
You're not a true Torontonian until you've paid 11 dollars for a beer at a Jay's Game.
Photo cred -@itsmiggiesmalls
13. Get star struck at Toronto's Fan Expo
Get your tickets ASAP, fan expo starts on September 1st!
14. Indulge in a boozy brunch with your friends
Brunch is the most important meal of the day, mainly because it's one of the few meals you can show up to hungover.
15. Plan out your trip to TIFF
Individual tickets go on sale September 4 at 9am, so start planning!
16. Get your tan on at Sugar Beach
If you haven't been able to make it to cottage country this year, spend a day at Sugar Beach working on your tan.
17. Have a bonfire at the Scarborough Bluffs under the stars.
Nothing says summer like a bonfire. Gather your group of friends and head to the bluffs for a nostalgic campfire while you reminisce about all your summer adventures.
18. Take in the beautiful skyline #views from the Toronto Island
A trip to the island is a summer time staple, be sure to get out there before the cold weather comes.
19. Take a lakeside walk on the Toronto Boardwalk
You'll almost feel like you're out of the city, except for of course the amazing view of the CN tower, that's a dead giveaway.
20. Take advantage of patio season and take your bae on a beautiful date.
Patio dates > every other kind of date.
21. Visit graffiti alley and get a few cool Instagrams
Toronto is full of amazing street art, and graffiti alley is a prime viewing location.
22. Finally go to one of many Toronto Pool Bars
Whether it's Cabana, Muzik, or Lavelle you need to make your way there ASAP before pool season is over! Check out some of Toronto's pools here.
Photo cred -@sophiadesanctis
23. Visit the Chihuly exhibit at the Rom
The Chihuly exhibit is definitely worth the trip, plus if you're a student you can get discounted admission!
24. Take advantage of the warm weather and go skinny dipping in one of these secret spots
"Forget" your bathing suit. Oops!
25. Hit Up The Food Truck Frenzy Festival
Just another excuse to treat yo'self to some amazing food vendors, you're welcome.
26. Take advantage of end of summer sales and go thrifting in Parkdale
Toronto has a few really awesome thrift stores. Make a day out of it and go treasure hunting for you back to school wardrobe.
27. Have a relaxing evening while watching Shakespeare in High Park
Head to high park for an evening of outdoor theater. I swear it's a lot cooler than your middle school production of hamlet.
28. Roadtrip to a GTA waterfront
If you're looking for a change of scenery, head to one of these GTA waterfronts for a relaxing day by the lake!
29. Go into a junk food coma at the CNE
AGAIN, I am giving you an excuse to eat junk food. Check out your CNE options here.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto