Even though Toronto's been ranked as one of the most expensive cities in the world, there are still several things available for the public to do that are both fun and easy on your wallets. One just needs to look in the right places (and the fact that you're reading this article right now means you did!)
Here are 30 things to do in Toronto for under $15:
1. Watch an epic film on IMAX at the Ontario Science Centre.
$13 per person
2. Take a self-guided tour of the CBC Building.
Free access to some areas like the Glenn Gould Studio or the CBC Museum.
3. Attend some insightful talks and lectures being held throughout the city.
4. Hit up a batting cage at Diamond Beach.
$3 a session (20 swings)
5. Tour the Toronto Botanical Gardens and Edward Gardens with a friend or date.
$10 per person
6. Look through some beautiful local art at 401 Richmond.
7. Get a laugh in at Bad Dog Theatre.
$15 per person for select shows such as True Blue
8. Grab a skateboard and try out some tricks at Dundas Skate Park.
9. Learn a piece of history at Fort York.
$9 per person
10. Work your way to the top of the Leaderboard at Lazer Quest.
$9 - $15 games available
11. Go to an indie rap show at Handlebar.
$5 per person
12. Participate in morning Humpback Yoga at the Gladstone Hotel.
$5 per person at 7-8 AM every Wednesday
13. Try a dance class in a style of your choosing at Dance Life Studio.
$5 per newcomer
14. Run ball with your mates at Dufferin Grove Park.
15. Go for an astronomy tour at the UofT Planetarium.
16. Get a game of pool going at the Rivoli.
$10 per table
17. Race your friends at Polson Pier Go-Karting.
$15 per person for 5 laps
18. Try out Sticky Ball at Breakout Team Adventures.
$10 per person (current promo price: $5)
19. Grab some friends for a paintball session at Defcon on half-price days.
$15 per person on Tuesdays, Fridays and Holiday Mondays
20. Go mini-golfing at 401 Mini Indy.
$9 per person
21. Take advantage of the lunch prix fixe special at Pizzeria Libretto
$15 meal that includes a salad, pizza and the choice between a biscotti or gelato
22. Drink and be merry at one of these easy-on-the-wallet bars that offer cheap drink specials.
$5 or less
23. Take the ferry to Centre Island.
$8 per adult
24. Bring out your competitive side at one of these interactive game bars and cafes.
25. Go to the Steam Whistle Brewery for a "Tour and Taste" or a "Souvenir Tour".
$10 or $15
26. Buy a hot drink and pastry to energize you for the day at one of these beautiful coffee shops.
27. Drop in for late-night beach volleyball at North Beach Indoor Volleyball.
$11 per person from 9:45 PM to 2 AM on Fridays and Saturdays
28. Go on a hike at some of these hiking trails in the city.
29. See a show at the Canadian Stage.
$15 for individuals under 29 years old
30. Complete this master list of things to do if you're broke.
$5 or less
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto