Toronto in the summer is always busy. We wait all year for good weather to show up, and when it does, we really make sure we don't waste a single second of it!
Here are 40 things every Torontonian needs to do in the summer at least once in their lives:
1. Ride the 501 Queen Streetcar - the longest streetcar line in North America - from start to finish.
2. Get your tanning on at Sugar Beach (and take an obligatory picture of the pink umbrellas).
4. Watch an outdoor or drive-in movie at Sail-In Cinema and Polson Pier.
5. Let it all hang out at Hanlan's Point Beach.
6. Get day drunk at Cabana Pool Bar or Muzik Pool Bar (or both).
7. Go on a Toronto harbour boat cruise.
8. Get a taste of foods from all over the globe at these ethnic restaurants.
9. Take the ferry to the Toronto Islands and spend the day there.
10. Go for a late night swim at Christie Pits pool.
11. Peruse through Active Surplus and buy something out of impulse.
12. Eat and play at the CNE.
14. Live out a pirate fantasy via Pirate Life.
15. Root for the home team at a Jays game.
16. Browse through the cool floral displays at the Toronto Floral Market, Edwards Gardens or Allan Gardens.
17. Go on a road trip and visit a nearby waterfall, cave, town, party city, provincial park or theme park.
18. Complete a Toronto restaurant and bar hop.
19. Chill at a rooftop patio in the city with your favourite people.
21. Try stand-up paddleboarding at Woodbine Beach.
22. Have a drunken bonfire at the Bluffs.
23. Attend a sleepover at Ripley's Aquarium.
24. Brave your fears and go on an EdgeWalk at the CN Tower.
25. Take a helicopter tour of the city.
26. Take a walking tour of the city.
27. Spend a paycheque at Toronto Premium Outlets.
28. Take a break from the sun and walk the entire PATH.
29. Plan an animal-themed day at the African Lion Safari or the Toronto Zoo.
30. Explore the 401 Richmond building.
31. Kill time at Evergreen Brickworks, Wychwood Barns, St. Lawrence Market or at any of these places.
32. Challenge yourself with a new outdoor activity.
33. Bike through the 6ix with your bros.
34. Ride a segway through the Distillery District.
35. Watch planes land at Convair Dr near Pearson International Airport.
36. Eat corn on the sidewalk in Little India.
37. Take a train ride through High Park.
38. Visit all the heritage properties on this map and learn something new about your city.
39. Go horseback riding at Sunnybrook Stables.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto