If you happen to get bored of boatside beers, we've narrowed down the top cottage country bars to get tipsy at with your family, friends & neighbours up north.
1. World Famous Rockcliffe Tavern // 98 Bobcaygeon Rd, Minden, ON
If 'world famous' is in the name you gotta have high hopes going into this Haliburton favourite. A good old family style business since the 70's, Rockcliffe has super reasonable drink deals and an impressive list of burgers to grub on.
2. Rusty's at Blue // 150 Jozo Weider Blvd, The Blue Mountains, ON
This Collingwood classic is a great spot to visit when you're up in the mountains. Take a seat on their patio and order up some of your favourite finger foods.
3. Earl of Whitchurch Pub // 6204 Main St, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON
The Earl does pub classics to a tee while also mixing in healthy, modern day specials. They have a weekday 4-6pm happy hour for a chance to grab craft beers for a bar-rail price.
4. Chester's Bar & Grille // 672 Goderich Street, Port Elgin, ON
If you're in Port Elgin, Chester's is a great bet. The food is always fresh, served fast, and tasty as hell. Their wrap patio is gorgeous in the summertime for friends, family and date nights!
5. Flynn's Harbour House Irish Pub // 2755 Honey Harbour Road, Honey Harbour, ON
Lunch with a viiiiiew. Flynn's is right on Honey Harbour allowing for a beautiful background to your afternoon drinks. c
6. The Dardenella Nightclub & Restaurant aka The Dard // 13 First Street, Wasaga Beach, ON
The Dard is legendary for their monster patio and great overall view of Wasaga Beach. Grab a pina colada in a bucket during the day or a cheap af mixed drink at their bar downstairs at night.
7. Bananas Beach Bar // Upper Level, 41 Beach Drive, Wasaga Beach, ON
During Wasaga's warm season, Banana's is the place to be. Have some drinks on the patio & dance to their nightly DJs.
8. On The Docks // 90 Main St E, Huntsville, ON
The Docks masters the art of cottage eating with a small selection of perfectly prepared meals with a gorgeous lakeview restaurant.
9. The Griffin Gastropub // 9 Chancery Lane, Bracebridge, ON
A fun local place with tooons of local beer. Everything at the Griffin is super delicious and the atmosphere is charming enough you'll want to stay 'till close.
10. The Oar and Paddle // 530 Muskoka Rd N, Gravenhurst, ON
Mmmmm homemade chips. Sign me up, baby. The Oar and Paddle has delicious comfort food classics while also offering creative gluten-free and veggie eats!
11. Muskoka on the Rocks // 2215 Hwy 60, Huntsville, ON
Serving up big portions and huge smiles, Muskoka on the Rocks works perfectly as a stop in on the way to the cottage or a much-needed good meal on the way home.
12. The Mill on Main // 50 Main St E, Huntsville, ON
The Mill on Main boasts a covered patio, live music and enough selection that you'll be wondering what on earth to eat. You'll just have to come back to try it all.
13. The KEE to Bala // 1012 Bala Falls Road, Bala, ON
Perhaps one of the most famous cottage country bars, The Kee has a special place in our hearts. Known for their drink deals on Mondays and amazing summer concerts, The Kee is a must-stop in cottage country.
14. Gables in the Bend // 5 Main Street West, Grand Bend, ON
Gables is FTG. This place is known for their good times and this iconic yellow chair. Grab some beers and your baes and get your pose on.