18 Best Places For A Picnic With Your Girlfriend In Ontario
Pic-a park already!
Suns out, buns out -buns, that is. Now that the weather's warming up, it's the perfect time to get out grilling with you , girls, boys, whoever!
Toronto, though known as a cityscape, has tons offor you to take advantage of. Your kitchen table will never be more gorgeous or exciting than these amazing, romantic parks.
If you live outside of the city, worry not. Ontario - like the tag line - is yours to discover. Meaning there are tons of attractions for everyone to peruse around this mighty.
1. Trinity Bellwoods Park // 790 Queen St. W. // Toronto, ON
This Toronto classic is great for people watching or just lounging in the sun. Bellwoods offers baseball diamonds, tennis and volleyball courts, a wading pool and an off-leash dog area. Grab some tall boys from Bellwoods Brewery and enjoy your day with bae.
2. High Park // 1873 Bloor St. W. // Toronto, ON
Set up a makeshift hammock like these two cuties. Bring a blanket, books and beers to enjoy your time together. If you get hungry, stop by the Grenadier cafe for some snacks.
3. Ward's Island Beach // Lakeshore Ave. // Toronto, ON
Though currently out of comission, save this spot on your picnic list for August. Ward's Island is a mere ferry boat road away from a great lakeside picnic.
4. Christie Pits // 750 Bloor St. W. // Toronto, ON
Christie Pits has lots of sports fields and a wading pool for you to splash around in if the weather's warm enough. Or you could always stick with drinking wine, wine works too.
5. Dufferin Grove Park // 875 Dufferin St. // Toronto, ON
Don't roast in the sun, just roast some marshmellows. This park is easily accessible off the subway line, making toting that picnic basket a total breeze.
6. Bluffer’s Park Marina // 7 Brimley Rd. S. // Scarborough, ON
Issa East Side ting eh? Make your trip out to the Bluffs everything it can be with some good eats. Grab a slice or pack some snacks before you come for a scenic meal.
7. Ashbridges Bay // 1561 Lake Shore Blvd E. // Toronto, ON
Imagine sipping on ciders next to this sunset?! Ashbridge's Bay has kilometres of open beach, a swimming pool and volleyball courts at your disposal.
8. Cherry Beach // 1 Cherry St. // Toronto, ON
This sandy spot is only a bus ride away. Scoop some poutine from their stationed food truck or bring your own goods. Stick around to hit the drive-in once the sun goes down.
9. Beaches Park // 2075 Queen St. E. // Toronto, ON
This park is just a hop, skip and a jump from the electic shops and restos of Queen St. E. It's easily accessible via TTC and has practically endless amounts of beach for you to explore.
10. Withrow Park // 725 Logan Ave. // Toronto, ON
This Danforth picnic spot has lush trees, green spaces and a fire pit. Picnic on a Saturday to take advantage of the Farmer's Market - shop fresh when you get there!
11. Kelso Conservation Centre and Beach // 5234 Kelso Road // Milton, ON
This Halton region spot is full of hike trails, birds to watch, rocks to climb, spots to fish, and obviously lots of sunny picnic spots.
12. Boyd Conservation Area // 8739 Islington Ave // Vaughn, ON
A quick drive from Toronto, the Boyd Conservation Area is great for bird watching or those who love sports. There are several sports fields for you to get your game on, as well as frequent food trucks that stop in at over 17 camp sites.
13. French River // 20526 Highway 69 // French River, ON
This spot is straight off the highway, making it an easy pit or picnic stop. Any spot along the river is just waiting for you to set up a fire to roast some hotdogs.
14. Belfountain Conservation Area //10 Credit Street// Belfountain, ON
This area is just a smidge away from Orangeville. Its charms and beauty are relatively untouched by the city, so bring a portable speaker and some of your T.O favourites.
15. Bruce's Mill Conservation Area // 3291 Stouffville Road // Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON
Bruce's is the perfect place to bring your pooch and pals! Just north of the Toronto, it features a large selection of activities and 11 picnic areas
16.Albion Hills Conservation Area // 16500 Regional Road 50 // Caledon, ON
The rolling hills of Albion are the outdoors lovers' paradise. Their full forrests are packed with over 10 picnic areas!
17. Petticoat Creek Conservation // 1100 Whites Rd // Pickering, ON
Petticoat Creek Conservation Area boasts a spectacular view of the bluffs and houses Ontario's largest outdoor pool. The park has 11 great picnic sites and a playground to channel your inner child at.
18. Heart Lake Conservation Area // 10818 Heart Lake Rd // Brampton, ON
This park is full of recreational activities for you to get up to, including this obstacle course and a super large outdoor pool!