A snow hill in Ontario has topped a list of the best destinations for tobogganing.
Ottawa’s Carlington Park was ranked first among eight other snow hills by travel publication Escape Here. According to them, it is “one of the wildest rides in North America,” thanks to an epic steepness that is attributed to its former glory as a ski hill.
Four other Canadian locations were also included in the ranking, including Citadel Hill in Halifax, Mount Royal Park in Montreal and St Andrews Heights in Calgary.
“It is known as one of the top sledding destinations in North America, and that should come as no surprise considering its steepness and the wild thrills it offers,” reads the article’s description of Carlington Park. “Not for the faint of heart, this hill is usually riddled with many jumps carved into the snow and expect to be sharing the hill with amateur snowboards.”
The article also mentions that the hill is illuminated with lights at night, making it even more thrilling to visit. There’s also parking provided at the J. Alph Dulude Arena nearby, so it’s a very convenient location for groups to visit.
Here’s the full ranking:
- Carlington Park (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Dutch Henry Tubing Hill (Leadville, Colorado)
- Citadel Hill (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
- Mount Royal Park (Montreal, Quebec)
- Harvard’s Arnold Arboretum (Boston Massachusetts)
- Grand Mesa Old Powderhorn (Grand Junction, Colorado)
- St Andrews Heights Toboggan Hill (Calgary, Alberta)
- Firecracker Hill (Telluride, Colorado)