Summer is finally here, which means that you don't have school deadlines looming over your heads and you can finally get out and EXPLORE! We're all tired of the boring Netflix & chill, so why not break the routine and check out all the fun date ideas that our city has to offer?
From nature to food to music, this list will give you enough ideas to last you through the long summer days, and will ensure you do more this summer than just laying on a couch! Plus a lot of these ideas are free, which is key if you're on a student budget. How many can you cross off the list this summer?
1. Outdoor movies at Spruce Meadows
Catch a flick under the stars this August!
2. See some live music at a music festival such as Calgary Folk Music Festival
You totally need to check out the lineup.
3. Go thrift shopping
Get some fresh threads and pop some tags!
4. Cool off with some Village Ice Cream
A definite staple for those dog days of summer.
5. Have a cute brunch date at Ladybug Café
Brunch is awesome because you can basically have dessert items for breakfast.
6. Road trip to the mountains
Banff is romantic AF. Nuff' said.
7. Set up a picnic in Prince's Island Park
Pick a sunny Saturday and enjoy the views!
8. Go for a sunset walk along the Glenmore Reservoir
9. Have a boujee dinner at the top of the Calgary Tower
Sky 360 Restaurant is freaking delicious.
10. Jump away the afternoon at Flying Squirrel trampoline park
The perfect rainy day activity!
11. Test your teamwork at Escape 2gether
Can you break free?
12. Go stargazing at the Rothney Astrophysical Observatory
What's more romantic than gazing at the cosmos?
13. Order some decadent cocktails at Cleaver
Let the drunken conversations about the meaning of life commence.
14. Visit the pandas at The Calgary Zoo
So. Freaking. Cute.
15. Dine in the dark at Dark Table restaurant
The best part is, you don't even have to dress up!
16. Have a little friendly competition at Mountain View Bowling
First one to break 100 buys drinks?
17. Grab some epic milkshakes at Burger 320
I'm full just LOOKING at these.
18. Have some adult arcade fun at The Rec Room
Boozy skeet ball, anyone?
19. Channel your inner Bob Ross at Vin Gogh Paint & Sip
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
20. Get your country on at Stampede
The mini doughnuts are calling your name!
21. Take in a show at the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
The perfect excuse to get dressed up!
22. Spend a sunny Saturday rafting The Bow
Don't forget the sunscreen!
23. Go patio hopping down 17th Ave.
Beers, bellinis, and (sun)burns await!
24. Wander the streets at the infamous Lilac Festival
You'll find so many cool vendors and snacks!
25. Hit the "beach" at Sikome Lake
Catch those rays and relax lakeside!