With more confirmed cases and deaths being reported across the country, there is still some good news coming out of this pandemic. COVID-19 in Canada now has all cases recovered in two more places. The province and territory are the second and third places in the country to reach this milestone.

Both New Brunswick and Yukon have recovered all of their confirmed COVID-19 cases.

On May 2, it was announced that all 118 people who tested positive for the virus in New Brunswick have recovered.

The province also marked 14 consecutive days with no new cases.

"Achieving this two-week milestone is significant," said Dr. Jennifer Russell, the Chief Medical Officer of Health, in a news release.

However, she noted that it's still important to continue physical distancing, wearing masks and staying at home.

As of May 1, all 11 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Yukon have recovered.

Each case in the territory has been traced to its origin so that means there is no known community spread.

"When our neighbours to the south and east open up, their first phases will be catching up to where we are now in terms of restrictions," said Dr. Brendan Hanley, Yukon's Chief Medical Officer of Health, in a news release.

"I thank everyone, the frontline workers, essential workers, public safety employees and all New Brunswickers for helping us reach this milestone," said New Brunswick Premier Blaine Higgs.

Of the 118 cases in the province, 66 were travel-related, 42 were close contacts of confirmed cases and 10 were because of community transmission. 

Also, only 13 people had to be hospitalized because of the virus.

In Yukon, a total of 999 people have been tested for the virus so far.

The territory's chief medical officer of health said that reopening too early and seeing a resurgence of COVID-19 would be the worst thing.

Back on April 20, the Northwest Territories became the first place in Canada to have all of its COVID-19 cases recover.