Drake's efforts to team up with Netflix to resurrect the once cancelled British show Top Boy, seems to have paid off. The show hit the streaming service earlier this year to a more than welcoming worldwide audience. Now after a successful comeback third season Drake's Top Boy on Netflix Canada was renewed for a fourth season.
While there hasn't been a formal announcement from the showrunner or Netflix themselves, Ashley Walters, who acts as Dushane in the series, had some words to share with fans.
He spoke to Metro and confirmed that a fourth season is looking "promising."
He even gave away that part of the fourth season has already been written, "We've already been working out storylines and writing so it's looking good. Obviously, I won't give anything away but it's looking dope and we're all looking forward to going again with the show."
Walters did bring along with him some bad news though. Although the show is almost guaranteed a fourth season, it won't be available to fans for quite a while.
He then turned the tables and discussed the probability of ever having Drake be featured in an acting role.
While Walters admitted he wouldn't mind sharing the screen with Drake he did think that "he’s so powerful as Drake, it would be a difficult task for viewers to see him as anything else. That would be down to really good writing and acting."
Whether or not Drake stays behind the camera or hops in front, this show is a big one for Netflix that wouldn't have been possible without Drake's interference.
There are stories everywhere. If you spot a newsworthy event in your city, send us a message, photo, or video @NarcityCanada on Twitter and Instagram.
Get latest and greatest stories every day in your email inbox.
While these establishments are no longer there, one building has remained for over 200 years and with it a mystery that goes back just as long.
In 1815, only several years after its construction, the Gibraltar Point Lighthouse saw the disappearance and rumoured murder of its first keeper, J.P. Radan Muller, a disappearance that remains a mystery to this day.
Surrey RCMP officers in Port Coquitlam, B.C., busted a massive drug lab on April 19 that police say could produce 39 million fatal doses of fentanyl in just three weeks — roughly matching the population of Canada.
According to a statement from the RCMP, an "illicit fatal street dose" of fentanyl is 2 milligrams and the lab was capable of producing 26 kilograms (13 million potentially fatal doses) of pure fentanyl per week.
Massive seizure leads to dismantling of drug lab in #PortCoquitlam. The seizure represents a significant blow to th… https://t.co/ifhnna28EK
Surrey RCMP said it was helped by various federal and municipal police agencies in dismantling and collecting evidence from the lab, which was so big that it took three days to fully break down.
"This drug and chemical seizure has dealt a multi-million-dollar blow to organized crime and gangs in BC; helping attack the income sources of those who put our communities at risk with drug trafficking; and the gang violence that accompanies it," police said in the statement.
Police say no charges have been laid in relation to the lab's operations, but an investigation is ongoing.