Whether it is after a hard days work or you're wanting to go out with the squad for drinks, it can often be tricky in terms of deciding on which spot you want to hit up. This is where the term "happy hour' comes into play, let's define the term shall we!
Happy hour: a period of the day when drinks are sold at a reduced price at a restaurant or bar.
Happy hour in Edmonton usually starts early in the afternoon and can last for three hours, or go into the wee hours of the night. It's not like we are complaining or anything because let's be real every hour in a day should be happy hour. You never know, things might start to change since we are in the new year.
For now, we are going to help you pick a happy hour spot so that the next time you get hit with a heavy workload, you'll know where to go afterward. Have a look at 19 spots in Edmonton that host the best happy hour drink specials.
MKT Beer Market // 8101 Gateway Blvd
Happy Hour: every day of the week
- $5 featured rotational tap, $5 okanagan spring 1516 and pale ale, 60 beers on tap for $4, $5 Alberta taps, $5 caesars
Earls // 11830 Jasper Ave (multiple locations)
Happy Hour: everyday from 3-6pm / 9pm-close
- $2.75 rhino sleeves, $2.75 signature Highballs, $5 rhino pints, $5 rascal red & white wine, $5 cans of red bull, $7 moscow mule, $7 mojito!
- Food prices starting at 2.75 during happy hour
The Common // 9910 109 St NW
Happy Hour: everyday from open to close. Each day has a different special.
- $2 off house cocktails, half price bottles of wine, $6 14oz Domestic Draught Pours, $4 glasses of Prosecco, Pabst cans.
Famoso // 11750 Jasper Avenue NW (multiple locations)
Happy Hour: Monday – Thursday 2–5pm / 8:30pm – close. Friday 2– 5pm.
- Cocktails + highballs 1 oz $4.95, red and white wine $4.95, craft + domestic beer sleeve 4.95
Black Dog Freehouse // 10425 82 Ave
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 2-7pm
- $3.75 highballs, $3.75 beer bottles, $5.75 Guinness, $4 Premium bottles, $3.75 Draughts
Beer Revolution // 11736 104 Avenue
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4-6pm
- 4 beers, 4 snacks for $5, 4 select $5 beers, select $5 wine
The Bothy Wine & Whiskey Bar // 5482 Calgary Trail
Happy Hour: everyday from 3-6pm
- $6 Scottish beer, $5 highballs, 1/2 off select wine bottles every Wednesday.
The Tavern on Whyte // 10507 82 Ave
Happy Hour: everyday from 2-6pm
- $4 Domestic bottles, $4 hi-balls, $4.50 shooters
Julio's Barrio // 10450 82
Happy Hour: all day, everyday
- $1 off all margaritas, 4 Mexican beer buckets for $22 or $5.50 each, original bulldog for $11.95, $5.75 sangria,
CRAFT Beer Market // 10013 101A Ave NW
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 3-6pm & Sunday all day.
- $4 Alberta beers, hi-balls and wine on tap
Nomiya Restaurant // 11160 Ellerslie Road, Edmonton (more than one location)
Happy Hour: 4:30:-6:30pm
- $4 Sapporo draft, $4 Asahi draft, $6 Hitachino draft, $3 domestic, $3 ramune pop
Central Social Hall // 10909 Jasper Avenue
Happy Hour: Monday-Thursday all day / Fridays 4-6pm / Weekends all day
- Monday-Thursday: $4 bottles of sol, $10 steins, $3 wine on tap, $4 draft beer,
- Friday: $4 domestic draft, hi-balls, and select wine.
- Weekends: $5 sangria and bellinis
Highlevel Diner // 10912 88 Ave NW
Happy Hour: all day, everyday
- $4 pint of traditional ale, $4 gluten free beer, $4.95 Canadian craft beer, $4.95 wine, $6.96 long island iced tea (2oz), $25 wine bottles, $4.95 caesars
LUX Steakhouse + Bar // 10150 101 Street
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Thursday all day
- $3 sparkling cocktails and 6oz glass of Prosecco, 1/2 on wine, $3 select martinis, $5 select cocktails
BLVD Bar & Kitchen // 10765 Jasper Ave
Happy Hour: Friday 3-7pm
- $3 draught beer, $4 highballs, $5 house wines, 1 free appy
JOEYS // South Edmonton Common (more than one location)
Happy Hour: everyday 3-6pm
- $5 gin & tonic, $5 sangria, $4 genuine draft, $5 cuvée jean paul blanc & rouge (6oz)
Denizen Hall // 10311 103 Ave
Happy Hour: everyday 5-7 pm
- $5 Pints
The Pint // 10125 109 Street (more than one location)
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 3-7pm
- $4 highballs, $3.50 Domestic / $4.50 Import, $6 Pints of Stella & Guinness
Rocky Mountain Ice House // 10516 Jasper Avenue
Happy Hour: Monday-Saturday all day
- $5 1oz signature cocktails, $2 off all pints from Canada, $2 off all whiskey, 1/2 off bottles of wine,