Ridiculously Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
The perfect banana bread, every time.
Not sure what to bring to your family BBQ this weekend? Don't want to bring something store-bought to meet your in-laws? This quick and easy banana bread recipe is the perfect dish to bring to all your family events this year. Light, fluffy and delicious this simple recipe is the perfect treat for a cold and rainy afternoon in or to enjoy on sunny day at the park.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tbs of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5 loaf baking pan with butter, or line it with foil or parchment paper.
2. In a big mixing box, mash up bananas with a fork. Add sugar, egg, vanilla, and oil and mix well.
3. In another bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a batter forms.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts (if you're adding some).
6. Pour mixture into baking pan, and bake for 50 minutes. If after 50 minutes the batter in the middle is still a bit undercooked, bake for another 2-3 minutes. You can check if it is done by sticking a fork into the centre of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it's done!
7. Let cool and enjoy!