15 Bucket List Matcha Foods To Try In Toronto If You F*cking Love Matcha
Green tea GANG. Anyone with a shred of taste can tell you thatis truly the bomb.com. Maybe it's the colour that creates some suspicion - since as a society we've reserved green for goblins, garbage monsters on Sesame Street and vegetables we avoided like the plague.
But don't worry y'all, no need to fear. We're grown ass adults that fully understand that green is good - and extra yummy when mixed in with some delicious matcha.
You can get it in a smoothie, softserve, cakes and creams. We hunted down the best matcha food restaurants in the city to satisfy that sweet, green tooth.
1. Millie Patisserie & Creamery // 12 Oxley St.
Millie does French pastries with asian matcha flare. This light matcha crepes will melt together before they melt in your mouth.
2. RSquared Cafe // 668 Queen St. W.
Rsquared kills the matcha latte game. Perfectly milled, smooth, and sweet with not a clump to be seen.
3. Wooffles & Cream // 8360 Kennedy Rd.
This delicious matcha soft serve pairs perfectly with Hong Kong style waffles for a fun and aesthetically pleasing treat.
4. Easy Drink Easy Go // 482 Dundas St. W.
Matcha pudding anyone? Easy Drink Easy Go makes a bunch of different matcha treats - but who could resist the childlike wonder of pudding?!
5. Neo Coffee Bar // 100-161 Frederick St.
Neo has really nailed the art of Japanese roll cakes. These speciality pasteries art filled with soft, matcha cake and a red bean centre. Wash them down with one of the best matcha lattes in town!
6. Hapa Izakaya // Various Locations
Creme brulee is already bomb, but why not make it extra explosive with matcha?! Beautifully made, this dessert is good enough to make a matcha-hater convert.
7. Uncle Tetsu's Japanese Cheesecake // Various Locations
Uncle Tetsu's doesn't stop at matcha cheesecake or softserve even - their madelines, seen on top of icecream here, are melt in your mouth delicious.
8. Moonbeam Coffee Company // 30 St. Andrew St.
Moonbeam is not only famous for coffee, but delicious matcha tea!
9. Butter Avenue // Various Locations
Butter's matcha macarons are iconic and for good reason. The flavour is defined, but not bitter - soft and sweet.
10. Matcha Tea & Dessert // 407 Spadina Ave.
This place is all matcha, all the time. Come on over for lattes, lava cakes, softserve and more!
11. TSUJIRI // 147 Dundas St. W.
This Japanese chain is super famous for their soft serve. They also have regular match teas and bubble teas for you to peruse through!
12. RoyalTea // 4188 Finch Ave E
Matcha waffle baby! WITH matcha icecream. The perfect combo.
13. Light Cafe // 23 Baldwin Ave.
Try their charcoal waffles with a matcha shake for a dope colour combo!
14. Tendou Matcha & Dessert // 3621 York Regional Rd 7
Matcha flavoured creme brulees, teas, soft-serve and more is what you can expect from Tendou!
15. Maman Toronto // 100 King Street W.
Maman is famous for their adorable matcha green tea pancakes, as well as their delish lattes.