Roseanne Barr, who is famous from her self-titled television series, shocked fans in May when she made racist comments on Twitter. Barr referred to Valerie Jarrett, a woman of colour, as an ape and then blamed the incident on tweeting while on sleeping pills.\nREAD ALSO: "Not A Racist, Just an Idiot" Roseanne Barr Says About Those Tweets\nObviously, comments like this are unacceptable and Barr ended up getting her reboot of the hit series Roseanne cancelled. Now ABC Studios has announced that they will be giving the Conner gang another chance, just without the title character.\nJUST IN: ABC says it ordered a 10-episode 'Roseanne' spinoff called 'The Conners' to air in fall 2018 pic.twitter.com/aYQiJrEk0x\n— Reuters Showbiz (@ReutersShowbiz) June 22, 2018\nThe spinoff will be called "The Conners" after the family name, running for only 10-episodes (so far). It will focus on Roseanne's family, instead of the main character.\nWhen news broke, the internet was not excited for the new program. Many have taken to social media to share their distaste with the company, explaining that ending the series and letting go would have been a wiser choice.\npic.twitter.com/UYl4fO8Zsr\n— David🌍🕷⚡🐶✴Bowie (@DGoweyAuthor) June 22, 2018\nIn related news, ABC is run by complete money-grubbing morons.\n— GenXtremist (@GenXtremist) June 22, 2018\nShe’s been barred 😂😂😂\n— William McComish (@will_mcco) June 22, 2018\nIt was confirmed that Roseanne Barr, though the inspiration for the program, will have no financial ties to the production of "The Conners." Barr said she agreed to the spinoff so the jobs of over 200 people working on the show could be spared.\nMORE: ABC says creator Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in new spinoff https://t.co/3tNnzWi71n\n— Reuters Showbiz (@ReutersShowbiz) June 22, 2018\nStatement from Barr regarding the spinoff: "I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from #Roseanne. I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved” https://t.co/rVWB6vSPAQ\n— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) June 22, 2018\nRoseanne was very popular in the late 1980's and early 1990's. The reboot followed the lives of Roseanne Conner and her family, including the grandchildren she now had in 2018.\nIt's hard to have a successful show without an audience so it's questionable if this second reboot will have any success. Considering the show was previously the most popular for ABC, it's no surprise the wanted to continue.