12 Super Hipster Foods And Where To Find Them In Calgary
Loving food before it was cool.
According to Google, a "hipster" is defined as "a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream." So, I'm sure you're wondering what a "hipster food" exactly is. Well, hipster food is the almost religious diet of hipsters. The food that they knew about before it was cool and all the hipsters are raving about. How can you spot a hipster food? If you've seen it on the "popular" or "trending" pages of social medias like Instagram and Tumblr... It's most likely a hipster food.
Now, I'm sure you're wondering where you can find these oh-so-hip foods and also become a Calgarian hipster. Fear not, friends. Calgary has quite a few places where you can enjoy "hipster foods" and while we're willing to share our secrets with you, be sure to keep it on the DL. We wouldn't want these foods to become mainstream, of course.
Pro-Tip: These foods pair best with skinny jeans, a fedora, and an alternative band on vinyl.
- Wise & Wright // 317 - 7 Ave SW #163
- The Bro'Kin Yolk // 12580 Symons Valley Rd NW #130
- Charbar // 618 Confluence Way SE
" class="lml-instagram-embed-2" />
Bubble Tea / Boba
- Enerje Bubble Tea & Cafe // 1075 Falconridge Dr NE
- Bubblemania Cafe // 455 16 Ave NE
- Happy Cup // 201 - 2525 Woodview Dr SW
- The Sushi Bar // 13750 Bow Bottom Trail SE
- Sushi Bar Zipang // 1010 1 Ave NE
- Sho Sushi // 7212 Macleod Trail SE
- Golden Bell Saigon Restaurant // multiple locations
- Saigon Sun Vietnamese Cuisine // 200 Southridge Dr
- Bolsa Restaurant // 180 94 Ave SE
Smoothie Bowls / "Raw" Bowls
- Cru Juice // multiple locations
- Wild & Raw // 1119 Kensington Rd NW
- Jugo Juice // multiple locations
Specialty Ice Cream
- Made By Marcus // 1013 17th Ave SW
- Village Ice Cream // multiple locations
- Big Dipper Ice Cream // 67 McRae St
Deep Fried Pickles
- Bookers BBQ // 316 3 St SE
- Big T's BBQ & Smokehouse // multiple locations
- Smashburger // multiple locations
- Calgary Stampede (best place for deep-fried anything.)