22 Fun Facts You May Not Know About Toronto
How well do you know your city?
Everyone knows people from Toronto are very proud of where they come from. Others may not understand what makes the 6ix so awesome, but once they make the move to the big city they totally get it. Let's be real here, we have so many things to offer.
Here are some interesting and fun facts about Toronto that will help you while conversing with others to prove that it's the best city in the whole entire world.
Read also:13 Hilarious Tweets About Toronto
1. The PATH
Is the largest pedestrian walkway in North America. It's connected to 50 office towers, has 20 parking garages, 5 subway stations, 1200 stores, services and restaurants. The railway terminal is also over 28 km long. The letters in the PATH identify directions according to the color. P (red) directs south, A (orange) points west, T (blue) points north and H (yellow) directs east.
2. The Toronto Maple Leafs have the largest fan base in the NHL.
Yet they haven’t won a Stanley Cup since 1967.
3. Toronto has 52 outdoor skating rinks.
4. Toronto Islands make up the greatest car-free community in North America.
5. Toronto is one of the most cultural diverse cities in the world.
6. Yonge Street is the longest street in the world.
7. There are approximately 9,520 streets in Toronto.
8. The TTC runs 622 square km.
Our transit system has the third highest per capita ridership rate in North America.
9. The Toronto Zoo has over 16,000 animals representing 491 species.
10. The Toronto Stock Exchange is the ranks 7th globally based on capitalization.
11. Caribana is North America's largest cultural festival.
12. Toronto has over 8,000 restaurants.
13. Over 200,000 passengers travel through Union Station every year.
14. There's a subway station buried under City Hall.
15. City Hall appeared in Star Trek!
16. There's a house on St.Patrick's Street that is sawed in half.
17. Yorkville was once a cemetery.
18. Cabbage Town actually was known for growing cabbages.
19. The Condom Shack sells every type of condom flavour.
20. The audio for Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer was completed in T.O
21. There are over 35,000 hotel rooms.
22. And 3 million publicly owned trees.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto