7. Giorgetta's last tip: "Just be you." If you're trying to be someone else, you won't love working on your account. It's also important for your photos to be genuine and authentic, because that's what people like to see.
Here's How This Instagram Star Grew Her Followers To 200K In 1 Year
It's not as hard as you think.
Madalin Giorgetta is an Instagram fitness maven whose transformation photos have garnered a ton of attention online. In little over a year, Giorgetta grew her follower base to over 200,000. Giorgetta took to her personal blog to share her advice on gaining followers. Here are Giorgetta's top tips on how to run a successful Instagram account.
1. Giorgetta notes that it's important to figure out what your greatest asset it. "Write down a list of all the things big and small that you've been complimented on and focus your Instagram account around this," she said. Whether you're into cooking, makeup, or fashion, use your Instagram to highlight that passion.
2. Another key to success is reading the responses you get from followers. Find out which of your posts get the most engagement, and stick to those that work the best. For Giorgetta, she said that people respond best to "gym selfies, transformation photos, or when I post something that is honest and true about fitness."
3. Tagging larger accounts in your photos is a great way to get their attention and hopefully cause them to repost your photo. According to Giorgetta, reposts are key, as she noted that "to get started, a bigger account needs to regram you." She advises targeting bigger accounts that post inspirational pics.
4. Good quality photos are also essential for success. Giorgetta suggests shooting in natural lighting and choosing flattering filters. Giorgetta uses an iPhone 6+ to take her photos and uses VSCO cam to edit.
5. Listen to suggestions from your followers about what kind of content they want to see. "If you have heaps of questions about your diet or your fashion, start creating posts centered around that," said Giorgetta.
6. "Don't be afraid to try something new!" said Giorgetta. While it's good to stick to content that you know works well, it's good to experiment once in a while. "Your audience will sometimes surprise you, so don't assume anything.