A prayer gathering in Deadwood, Alberta, is reportedly the source of a number of cases across the provincial border in B.C. \nB.C.'s Northern Health authority said on Monday, August 17 that 17 cases of COVID-19 have been recorded so far in B.C. in relation to this Alberta prayer gathering, as revealed in their announcement\n\n\nEditor's Choice: Here's A Look Inside The Mind-Blowing 'Mountain House' Being Built On An Island In BC\n\n\n\n“\nIndividuals who attended the It Is Time Canada event in Deadwood, Alberta, between July 30 and August 2, are asked to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. \n\nB.C. Northern Health\n\nContact tracing has revealed that people may be at risk of "secondary transmission" by being in close contact with the gathering attendees. \nOut of the 17 cases, 12 people had attended the gathering itself, whereas the remaining five are believed to have gotten COVID-19 from secondary exposure. Seven people out of the 17 have already recovered. \nIn addition, 24 people are in self-isolation after being identified with the help of contact tracing. Northeast B.C. residents are being told to monitor their symptoms and self-isolate if they begin showing symptoms of COVID-19. \n\nThis article’s cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.