Canadian sports personality Dan O’Toole shared a social media post last week, claiming that his one-month-old child had been “taken” from him. While it was later confirmed that Dan O'Toole's child was safe and sound, his cryptic posts on social media made headlines. Now, a Durham Police source claims the child was never actually abducted at all.

On July 2, TSN host Dan O’Toole shared a photo of his one-month-old child on Instagram, claiming that she'd been “taken” from him and suggesting she’d gone missing.

According to a police source, per the New York Post, the Instagram post prompted an immediate police investigation. 

However, the Durham Regional Police contact claims that O’Toole’s post was misleading, as the child was not actually “taken” at all.

"The information provided to us was false, there was no such abduction," police said on July 4, two days after O’Toole’s post.

Addressing the incident at the time, Durham Regional Police confirmed on Twitter that they had looked into the "alleged abduction of his baby daughter," but noted that this hadn’t actually been reported to them.

"We can confirm the baby has been/continues to be safe with her biological mother in the Peterborough area," they added. 

This tweet has since been deleted.

Local police completed their investigation into the incident and nobody was arrested.

O'Toole's original Instagram post, which has since been deleted, read, “My baby Oakland. I’m praying that whoever has you, is holding you. That whoever has taken you from me, is protecting you, That whoever has you, let's you come back into my arms."

"My heart is broken. I am broken," the caption continued. "To be clear, Oakland is alive, we think. But we don’t know. I have a one month old child, and I don’t know where she is."

On the same day, a Canadian journalist tweeted saying that police had confirmed the child was safe.

In a since-deleted response, O’Toole said, "Should the police maybe call me first once my child has been found?"

O’Toole’s cryptic messages drew some criticism from his followers, with some people asking why he would post about the situation on Instagram, rather than dealing directly with police.

Responding to the critics, O’Toole wrote on July 3, “A child that was supposed to be in my care. 5 weeks old. I’ve still haven’t seen a picture of her, let alone held her. Yet my character called into question? Attacked. Defamed. People ‘question’ the story? I have no words. I’m done.”

This post has also now been deleted.

NOW WATCH A Woman Refused To Wear Mask At A Toronto Hospital & Was Reportedly Escorted Out (VIDEO)

 
Comments are now closed.
Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications