It comes as no surprise that Doug Ford has been getting some hate from Ontarians recently. With his recent cuts to tourism and education, many Ontarians have voiced their angry opinions about these new changes. Today is no different as Ontarians learn about Doug Ford's newest initiative, cutting funding for stem cell research.\nAccording to CBC News, provincial officials announced to the Ontario Institution for Regenerative Medicine (OIRM) that $5 million of their yearly funding will be cut as of next March. The cuts come after Ford's government stated that this sector of medicine didn't need the help of the province. The government says instead, they could transfer into the private sector where others can invest in these research projects.\nHowever, the OIRM states that moving to the private sector is not feasible considering many private investors aren't willing to invest until a research project is in its late phases, making it nearly impossible to gain funding for early research projects. They told CBC that in order to get to these late phases of research, the provincial funding is absolutely crucial.\nThis lack of government funding could limit the medical studies that they are performing in order to better help the people of Ontario.\nView this post on Instagram It was great to talk to our hard-working job creators at the Chamber of Commerce. These are the people working day in and day out to create jobs helping grow Ontario. I made sure they know that we have their back. A post shared by Doug Ford (@fordnationdougford) on May 3, 2019 at 1:18pm PDT\nStem cell research is used to help progress a variety of medical treatments across Ontario. One researcher who receives funding from the OIRM uses to research stem cells and their use in preventing complications in premature births, helping to save babies lives.\nWhile other researches have also used stem cell research to aim at treating heart disease and degenerative brain disease, again with the goal of saving even more lives.\nSince the announcement, many Ontarians have taken to Twitter to express their opinions about this new funding cut. Even Rick Mercer posted a tweet earlier today stating, "Ford Government slashes funding for stem cell research in Ontario. Premier wishes he could back in time & shut down Banting & Best."\nSince this tweet, many Ontarians have also expressed their opinions, some even sharing how close to home this cut hits them, with family members needed stem cell transplants.\nMy friend is undergoing stem cell transplant next week so she can buy enough time to see her youngest graduate high school or longer... Ford should hope the need never strikes his family.🙁— Loretta Hogan (@izzyzoebear) May 16, 2019\nMy 17 year old daughter just told me last week that she's planning on becoming a stem cell donor. That's talk for the future, unlike this gov't, that seems intent on dragging us back to the dark ages.— Paula Sanderson (@paulakoala1234) May 16, 2019\nMy step mom is alive today because of a stem cell trial. She still has cancer but they they've learned a lot and she's still with us and it's amazing.— Aname (@Yardsy3) May 16, 2019\n@fordnation this is terrible news , stem cell research has saved so many lives. We have gone from bad to worse in Ontario.— Lori (@bingslnzp) May 16, 2019\nWhile other Ontarians are just downright furious with this new decision.\n😡😡😡— Mariam Brisson (@MariamBrisson) May 16, 2019\nDisgraceful.— Karri Peeling Travel Pro (@KarriPeeling70) May 16, 2019\nDoug Ford must resign...for the people— Peter Myers (@Peterlizard) May 16, 2019\nWhat? Just... What? I have no words, only gifs. pic.twitter.com/i0bXgRT4ss— Aileen (@aileenstreeter) May 16, 2019\nThere are people close to me that wouldn’t be alive today without stem cell research. Doug Ford puts more and more people’s lives at risk every day. He does not care about you unless you can line his pockets. People who voted for him should be ashamed of themselves. Disgusting.— Dufour1976 (@JDufour1976) May 16, 2019\nOIRM told CBC that they are hopeful that they could persuade the government to renew their funding before it stops in March. The funding cut was confirmed yesterday by Todd Smith, the Conservative Minister of Economic Development. This ministry was responsible for providing the funding.