On Friday, April 24, a Nova Scotia emergency alert was issued after police received multiple reports of shots fired in two different locations in the province. Police are on the scene and investigating. This comes only days after a mass shooting took place in Portapique and nearby regions last weekend.\nUPDATE: Nova Scotia RCMP has said it is "all clear" at there are no signs of gunfire. Though, they will continue their investigation.\nBEFORE: During the afternoon on April 24, Nova Scotia RCMP posted on social media that they were responding to a report of shots fired in the Haliburton Heights area of Hammonds Plains, in the Halifax area.\nOfficers were asking residents to stay inside while at the scene.\nAt 4:06 p.m. AT, more than an hour and a half after the first post, an update was shared online that police were on the scene in a wooded area between Haliburton Hills and Highland Park Heights subdivisions.\nRCMP also noted that there had been an additional report of shots fired in the Omega Court area of Hubley which isn't very far from the first scene.\nResidents were also asked to stay inside.\nAn emergency alert went out to people in the areas where the reports came from.\n"Residents are asked to shelter in place and refrain from travel until being advised otherwise," the alert said.\nPolice currently on scene in wooded area between Haliburton Hills & Highland Park Heights Sub in relation to a report of shots fired. There has been a additional report of shots fired in the Omega Crt area of #Hubley. Residents are to stay inside #HammondsPlains #Tantallon— RCMP, Nova Scotia (@RCMPNS) April 24, 2020\n#BREAKING: Nova Scotia uses emergency alert system to warn of ongoing incidents in the HRM. pic.twitter.com/6xnWjhcsJh— Alexander Quon (@AlexanderQuon) April 24, 2020\nHalf an hour after the post about an additional report of shots fired, RCMP tweeted that officers were on the scene in the Glen Arbour, Haliburton Heights and Hubley areas.\nPeople were again asked to stay inside and call 911 to report suspicious activity.\nHalifax Regional Police also tweeted that officers were responding to a weapons complaint in Dartmouth. However, the tweet said there is no threat to the public at this time.\nPolice are investigating a weapons complaint at 30 Laomont Terrace in Dartmouth. There is no threat to the public at this time. Further information to follow when available.— Halifax_Police (@HfxRegPolice) April 24, 2020\nThis is all unfolding less than a week after a gunman went on a shooting rampage through parts of Nova Scotia.\nDuring the shooting on April 18 and April 19, the RCMP was criticized for not sending out an emergency alert to notify residents of the danger.\nWith this situation, an alert was sent out shortly after 4:00 p.m. AT.\nEarlier in the day, two minutes of silence was observed in honour of Const. Heidi Stevenson and the other victims of the Nova Scotia shooting over the weekend.\nCover photo used for illustrative purposes only.