If you're one of the thousands of residents benefiting from the province's newly reduced Ontario hydro rates, you could be out of luck next month. The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) announced this week that it would be switching back to its wintertime electricity prices once Premier Doug Ford's temporary order to block time-of-use billing ends in May. This will result in Ontarians paying more on their hydro bills.\nHowever, Ford revealed during a press conference on Wednesday that he's opposed to the OEB's decision to change the rates next month.\n"I don't like that 'time of use' any time, not to mention when people are at home," Ford said, according to CP24.\n"We will be sitting down with the president of the treasury board, the minister of finance and the minister for energy to come up with a solution – just stay tuned you'll hear about that over next little while – but to be very blunt I am not in favour of that," he added.\nFord's suspension, which fixed hydro rates at the off-peak price of 10.1 per kilowatt-hour for all hours of the day, ends on May 7.\nThe OEB is currently planning to revert to its November 2019 pricing once the order completes, which would raise prices to 14.4 cents per kilowatt-hour and peak prices at 20.8 per kilowatt-hour.\nThe Board first announced on Tuesday that it wouldn't be continuing its significantly reduced rates.\n"Once the emergency TOU prices cease to have effect, customers on TOU pricing will go back to paying the November 1, 2019, RPP prices," read a statement from its website.\nThe OEB had also previously released an advisory on April 8, in which it stated that it would extend its ban on electricity disconnections to help customers during the global crisis.\nWe have extended the winter ban on electricity disconnections for non-payment for all residential customers to July 31, 2020. Low-volume, small business customers are now also protected by the ban. pic.twitter.com/rUtCMPRMmc— Ontario Energy Board (@OntEnergyBoard) April 8, 2020\n"We have extended the winter ban on electricity disconnections for non-payment for all residential customers to July 31, 2020. Low-volume, small business customers are now also protected by the ban," read a tweet from the Board.\nFord and Energy Minister Greg Rickford announced on March 24 that it would be reducing hydro bills to their lowest rates.\nThe move has reportedly saved the average family $20 a month, while the average business stands to save $150.\nOntario's made big strides in giving residents financial relief during the pandemic. According to the province's website, you could get reimbursed for up to $600 if you're behind on your electricity bill.\nThe goal of this is to ensure that nobody goes without power during the ongoing stay-at-home order.\nFord has also stepped in to help tenants, suspending all evictions orders until further notice. Plus, those who cannot afford to pay rent due to lost income won't get kicked out.\n"We don’t want you to worry about your job. We also don’t want you to worry about how you’re going to make rent this month," Ford said.\n“We want to make sure you and your family can stay in your home during this difficult time so you can put your health and the health of others first."