These Are Canada’s Top Employers For Young People And New Grads In 2019
Canada's Top Employers for Young People announces their 2019 list of winners.
Every year since 2002, Canada's held a competition to determine the top 100 employers for young jobseekers. The competition, called Canada's Top Employers for Young People, just announced their 2019 list of winners this morning. The winning companies on this year's list are both surprising and predictable but have each proven their ability to attract and retain young workers.
Each company reports that at least 30% of their staff are under the age of 34, and have made mentoring and nurturing young talent a priority at their company. They know how to "connect young people with a sense of purpose", even those in junior and entry-level roles.
On this year's list, there are winners in every industry, including communications, finance, engineering, health sciences, public service, hospitality, even farming. Some of the most recognizable names include Health Canada, Canadian Tire, Metrolinx, Labatt, L'Oreal, Egg Farmers of Canada, Siemens, YMCA of Greater Toronto, Samsung, even local police forces like York Regional Police.
The competition is designed to be a valuable resource for young people to find the right fit after graduation, whether it's a paid internship or a new job that allows for continued growth and learning in their field.
A spokesperson for KPMG LLP, one of the winners on this year's list, knows exactly what millennials consider a dream job. "They want to have a connection to the work they're doing. They don't just want to come into a role and sit there doing something really basic. They want to put their skills to work -- what they've studied in university or college -- and they want to see what that impact is."
So without further adieu, here are Canada's Top 100 Employers of 2019:
- Aboriginal Peoples Television Network Inc. / APTN
- Accenture Inc.
- AIG Insurance Company of Canada
- Alberta Health Services / AHS
- ArcelorMittal Dofasco G.P.
- ATB Financial
- Baycrest Health Sciences
- BC Hydro
- BC Public Service
- Bell Canada
- Bennett Jones LLP
- Boeing Canada Operations Ltd.
- Boston Consulting Group of Canada Limited
- Bruce Power LP
- Cactus Restaurants Ltd.
- Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
- Capital One Bank (Canada Branch)
- Capital Power Corporation
- Cargill Limited
- Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Cisco Systems Canada Co.
- Citi Canada
- Cole Engineering Group Ltd.
- Connect Hearing
- Corus Entertainment Inc.
- D2L Corporation
- DeltaWare Systems Inc.
- Department of Finance Canada
- Desjardins Group / Mouvement des caisses Desjardins
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Office PLC
- Edmonton, City of
- Egg Farmers of Canada
- EPCOR Utilities Inc.
- Fednav Limited
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the Canadian Coast Guard
- FL Fuller Landau LLP
- Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
- Giants & Gentlemen Advertising, Inc.
- Groupe Dynamite Inc.
- Harvard Developments Inc.
- Hatch Ltd.
- Health Canada / Santé Canada
- Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- House of Commons Administration
- Hydro Ottawa
- Intact Financial Corporation
- Jazz Aviation LP
- JOEY Restaurant Group
- Keurig Canada Inc.
- KPMG LLP
- L'Oréal Canada Inc.
- Labatt Brewing Company Limited
- Lafarge Canada Inc.
- LoyaltyOne, Co.
- Manitoba, Government of
- McMillan LLP
- Mott MacDonald
- MTU Maintenance Canada Ltd.
- National Bank of Canada
- Northwest Territories, Government of
- NTT DATA Canada, Inc.
- Nuance Communications Canada Inc.
- Nunavut, Government of
- Ontario Public Service / OPS
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- PepsiCo Canada
- Pharmascience Inc.
- Procter & Gamble Inc.
- R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.
- Rio Tinto
- Rogers Communications Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
- SAP Canada Inc.
- Saskatchewan Research Council / SRC
- Schneider Electric Canada Inc.
- Siemens Canada Limited
- Sinai Health System
- Sodexo Canada Ltd.
- Stanley Black & Decker Canada Corp.
- Statistics Canada
- Sun Life Financial Inc.
- Surrey, City of