The York Regional Police issued an Amber Alert late yesterday on Tuesday, March 19 for a 5-year-old Ontario girl named Jannah Jaffri that was believed to be abducted by her father. Approximately an hour after the alert was issued, the girl was found unharmed. Her father, Soloman Jaffri, was initially taken into police custody, but the charges were later dropped. Now, the father of the 5-year-old Ontario child says that the York Regional Police were wrong to issue an amber alert in the first place.\nREAD ALSO: Charges Dropped Against Ontario Father Accused Of Abducting 5-Year-Old In Amber Alert\n25-year-old Soloman Jaffri was initially accused of abducting his own daughter in the Amber Alert. York police said that Jaffri abducted his daughter from her class at an elementary school in Markham, yesterday afternoon around 2 PM. They later said that both the daughter and her father were found safe in Markham and cancelled the alert.\nREAD ALSO: York Regional Police Issue Amber Alert For Abducted 5-Year-Old Ontario Child\nAll charges have now been dropped, and the father has spoken up on the issue for the first time. He spoke to CP24 in an interview and criticized the Amber Alert, saying it should never have been issued.\nCHILD FOUND: We have located 5-year-old Jannah Jaffri in good health. Her father has been taken into custody. Investigation is ongoing. Thank you to our community for your assistance in bringing Jannah home safely.\n— York Regional Police (@YRP) March 19, 2019\n"My daughter was safe and sound the entire time," he said. "She loves being with her father and she knows she is safe with me so this Amber Alert was done falsely".\nREAD ALSO: 7-Year-Old Girl Is Missing In Ottawa Today But Here's Why No Amber Alert Was Issued\nAccording to the father, it was an everyday practice for him to pick up his daughter from her school in Markham. "I've been picking her up every day since she has been in school," said Jaffri.\nHe also addressed the incident publically on his Facebook as well. Check out the post below!\nYork Regional Police are standing by the Amber Alert and defending issuing it. "It started off as an investigation into a missing child that we believed had been abducted from that school in Markham," said Const. Andy Pattenden to CP24 this morning on Wednesday, March 20.\n"Information that our investigators had was that they did believe that that child was in danger". He added that the decision was not made on a whim and that Amber Alerts are rarely issued.\nThe York police thanked the public in a news release yesterday for their help. "We are very grateful to our community and members of the media, whose assistance following the Amber Alert resulted in Jannah being located safe and sound," said Chief Eric Jolliffe.