Canada-Wide Warrant Issued For "Armed And Dangerous" Suspect In Wanzhen Lu Kidnapping Case
York Regional Police issue Canada-wide warrant for third suspect in kidnapping case of Wanzhen Lu.
22-year-old Wanzhen Lu from Markham, Ontario was taken in an armed kidnapping last month on March 23. He emerged out of the incident with only minor injuries. Two men have already been arrested for the kidnapping, and now yet another suspect has been identified. York Regional Police have now issued a Canada-wide warrant for the third suspect in the kidnapping case of Wanzhen Lu.
The police announced the warrant in a news statement today. "A Canada-wide arrest warrant has been issued for a 28-year-old man from the City of Toronto," says the York Regional Police in their news release.
Police are now searching for Muzamil Addow. He is being charged for several offences related to the kidnapping case – kidnapping, forcible confinement, assault with a weapon, assault, and failing to comply with recognizable.
York Regional Police said in a tweet today that the suspect is "considered armed and dangerous". They are warning people that not to approach Addow if they see him and to call 9-1-1 immediately.
Police have released a photo of the Muzamil Addow to the public.
WANTED - Canada-wide warrant has been issued for 28yr-old Muzamil ADDOW, wanted in the ongoing investigation into the armed kidnapping that occurred in Markham on Saturday, March 23rd. He is considered armed and dangerous. Call 9-1-1 if you spot him https://t.co/zsrjEhB0XN pic.twitter.com/hdh5iY8Skw— York Regional Police (@YRP) April 4, 2019
Two other suspects have already been arrested by police. Abdullahi Adan, a 37-year-old Toronto man and Hashim Abdullahi, a 33-year-old from Brampton, are both currently in police custody and will be appearing in court later this month.
The first suspect, Abdullahi Adan,after a Canada-wide search warrant was issued for him. The second suspect, Hashim Abdullahi, was arrested by police earlier two days ago on April 2 at a Brampton home.
UPDATE - 2nd suspect in ongoing armed kidnapping investigation was arrested yesterday when a search warrant was executed in Brampton. The 33-year-old that was arrested will be appearing in Newmarket Court at 50 Eagle Street this morning for a bail hearing. https://t.co/X0IwIknPja pic.twitter.com/bPlfKY5ncY— York Regional Police (@YRP) April 3, 2019
Police are still looking for more suspects in the case and the investigation is ongoing. "York Regional Police will continue to dedicate significant resources to find the additional suspects, as they are still at large and are considered armed and dangerous," reads the news release.
People are now being asked to come forward if they have any information and the York Regional Police is recommending suspects to turn themselves in. Police are asking anyone with information about the kidnapping case to contact York Regional Police Major Crimes Bureau immediately at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7865.