Three Brampton sisters are grieving after both of their parents died from COVID-19 just days apart. According to CTV, 61-year-old Nagarajah Thesingarajah died in hospital on April 15, two days after his 56-year-old wife, Pushparani Nagarajah, passed away. Since then, a COVID-19 GoFundMe page has been set up and has raised over $100,000 for the family. 

A description of the fundraiser revealed that the pair have three daughters, Lavanya, Aranya and Thivya, who are between the ages of 18 and 29. 

All three of the sisters have also tested positive for COVID-19 and remain at home in isolation.

It was reported that relatives and friends are unable to support the sisters physically at this time due to pandemic restrictions. Due to this, a GoFundMe was started, which has raised just over $107,000 as of Friday morning. 

“We are all aware of the brutal consequences that COVID19 has brought upon our society. This has hit close to home for many of us, as well as our close friend Aranya who has lost both her parents to this devastating virus.  We would like to share our deepest condolences and prayers to the Nagarajah Family,” reads a statement on the GoFundMe page.

“This GoFundMe page has been set up to help their family during this difficult time. The funds raised here will be directly given to the children of Mr. and Mrs. Nagarajah, to help provide financial support,” it added.

Thesingarajah reportedly fell ill days before his wife on April 2. He was initially the only member of his family to be hospitalized.

However, Pushparani began having difficulty breathing shortly after being isolated from her daughters.

CTV reported that Thesingarajah worked at Gate Gourmet Canada in Mississauga, an international airline catering company.

He also held a part-time job delivering Tamil newspaper to various stores and temples across the GTA. He last delivered papers on March 27, mere days before falling ill.

The City of Brampton suffered an equally devastating COVID-19 loss last week.

Peel Region Public Health confirmed on April 9 that it had lost its first health care worker to the disease; the identity of the individual was not revealed.

However, he was described as a man in his 50s who had served at the hospital for many years.

Comments are now closed.
Account Settings
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications