York Regional Police Sgt. Andy Pattenden spoke with the media Wednesday morning about 22-year-old abduction victim Wanzhen Lu, who was found safe Tuesday night. Lu arrived at the doorstep of a Gravenhurst, Ontario home just before 9:00 PM Tuesday, seeking help. Lu was the victim of a "violent" kidnapping in Markham, Ontario last Saturday. He was abducted by 4 suspects, whose identities remain unknown at this time.

Sgt. Pattenden revealed to reporters in a live statement at around 8:20 AM Wednesday that Lu was transported back to York region, where he was assessed for minor injuries. Pattenden could not provide details on Lu's condition as his medical information is confidential, but he did say that he wasn't in the hospital for very long.

READ ALSO: 22-Year-Old Markham Man Still Missing After Incredibly Violent Armed Kidnapping Last Night

Sgt. Pattenden also did not disclose Lu's exact location. However, police still have safety concerns for Lu. Their focus right now is on the four suspects, who "did the right thing" by releasing Lu, Sgt. Pattenden says. 

York Regional Police reportedly worked closely with Lu's family and the Chinese Consulate on the case. Sgt. Pattenden says this entire case was "surprising" for police, as a brazen, violent kidnapping like this "doesn't happen in York region". Sgt. Pattenden says that the suspects have not made any demands and no ransom was used.

READ ALSO: The Car Used To Violently Kidnap 22-Year-Old Markam Man Has Been Found

York Police urge the suspects to seek legal counsel and turn themselves in. Updates on the case will begin to slow down from here as police work to locate the suspects, who remain at large.

As for the 35-year-old man who was previously arrested in connection to Lu's kidnapping, Sgt. Pattenden says that he has been released unconditionally as police did not have enough evidence for a criminal charge.

 

 

 

Comments are now closed.
Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications