Environment Canada Has Issued A Special Weather Warning For Vancouver
Get your waterproof jackets on and some rain boots because Vancouver is expected to get hit by storm today. Rain showers, wet flurries, hail and thunderstorms are all possible in the Lowermainland this afternoon.
Environment Canada issued a special weather statement early Friday morning at 4:57 AM.
The special weather statement is in effect for:
- City of Vancouver - including Burnaby and New Westminister
- Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore - including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
An unsettled airmass is hovering over the south coast this morning. Showers are expected all over today, with the possibility of hail and thunderstorms. Local snowfall is expected to accumulate of approximately 2 to 4 cm.
The showers should stop this evening during the sunset. This sounds like the perfect night to stay in and watch a movie.