25 Things To Do With Your Girlfriend In Edmonton This Summer
All the summertime adventures!
In the wintertime, it's easy enough to get into the habit of staying at home all the time, and with how cold it gets here in Alberta, we don't really blame you. Spending a day in bed watching Netflix with your s/o seems a lot more tempting than trudging through the snow.
Now that it's summer though, you definitely don't have any excuses to avoid date night! The weather is amazing, and there's so much to do here in Edmonton. Take advantage of it before the snow comes again.
No matter if you're an artsy couple, outdoorsy, adventurous, or lowkey, we've found some of the very best ways for you to spend your next date night! Better get planning:
1. Go for brunch at The Workshop Eatery
You can never go wrong with a brunch date. Treat your girl to some eggs benny and a glass of sangria at The Workshop Eatery, she'll love you forever.
2. Visit the Art Gallery of Alberta
The Art Gallery of Alberta always has something new and cool going on. If you're looking to save some cash, you can always visit on Tuesday or Wednesday from 5 to 8 pm for free admission.
3. Check out the Neon Sign Museum at dusk
Watching the sunset is overrated. If you have a chance, head downtown just before sunset and watch the Neon Sign Museum light up as the sun goes down! Best part is, it's totally free.
4. Get a little competitive at Hexagon Board Game Cafe
If friendly competition is your thing, take your girlfriend to Hexagon Board Game Cafe. The two of you can have tons of fun playing old favourites, or finding new games.
5. Take a tour of Strathcona Spirits
If you love to drink, why not take the time to find out what goes into making some of your favourite drinks?!
6. Challenge yourself to get free at Escape City
Escape rooms are a great spot to work on your teamwork, and maybe even get a little competitive! See who can figure out the best way to escape faster.
7. Play some old school games at Beercade
Take a step back in time with a visit to Beercade! Winner of Dance Dance Revolution buys dinner!
8. Have a blast at The Rec Room
The Rec Room is always a ton of fun, whether you're going to play games, get some live entertainment, or grab some drinks and food!
9. Check out Happy Hour at Wishbone
Happy Hour runs Monday - Friday, from 4 to 7 pm and includes amazing deals like $7 cocktails, $6 draught beer, $5 tonics, as well as $2 skewers and oysters!
10. Grab some ice cream from Scoop n' Roll
Ice cream is the perfect way to cool down this summer, and it tastes even better when it's rolled.
11. Catch a film at Metro Cinema
A movie date may seem cliche, but something about the old-school vibes of the Metro Cinema brings back some romance!
12. Grab a drink on the El Cortez patio
What better way to spend a sunny summer day than by relaxing with a cold drink on a gorgeous patio?!
13. Go on this insane through YEG
You don't need to save tacos for Tuesday! The map linked above will take you to all the best taco spots in Edmonton, and you'll be in the best food coma.
14. Explore the Muttart Conservatory
If cute couple photos is what you're after, here's the prime spot to snap some!
15. Spend all day in your swimsuit at World Waterpark
Have all kinds of summer fun, minus the sunburn! World Waterpark is a great place to kick back and have a day full of fun with your bae.
16. Take in the beauty of the U of A Botanic Garden
There's so much beauty to be seen, and a date here will give you a chance to fully appreciate it, as well as the company of your boo.
17. Check out some improv at Rapid Fire Theatre
If you're not brave enough to do improv yourself, it can still at least be fun to watch and have a few laughs! The performers at Rapid Fire are hilarious and will have you and your s/o cracking up all night.
18. Play a few rounds of Monster Mini Golf
Mini Golf is already a ton of fun, but make it glow in the dark and you're sure to have the best date ever.
19. Challenge your boo to a race at Speeder's Pro Karts
It seems like a lot of couples argue over who's the better driver, so why not put it to the test?!
20. Go bowling at Gateway Lanes
If you suck at bowling, like me, you can still have a good time! Grab some drinks and food and try your best to get as few gutterballs as possible.
21. Have a picnic outside the Legislature Building
This is the perfect way to spend a sunny day. Afterwards you can take a tour of the building itself, or cool down by the fountain!
22. Spend a day browsing the Old Strathcona Farmer's Market
Who knows what you'll find?! Maybe a snack to munch on, or the perfect present to treat your girl to!
23. Go kayaking through Elk Island National Park
Venture out of the city, and spend the day exploring Elk Island from the water!
24. Rent a segway from River Valley Adventure Co
If you've ever wanted to feel like Paul Blart Mall Cop, now's your chance. Segway's are actually a ton of fun, and give you a great chance to explore the city in a unique way!
25. Hit all your favourite rides at K-Days
K-Days run from July 20-29th this year, so you've got tons of opportunities to chow down on fair food and kiss at the top of the ferris wheel.