15 Cheap Dates In Ottawa For All Broke Couples
Love don't cost a thing.
We all know that having a significant other is one of the best feelings in the world. It's hard to top knowing that someone is there for you 24/7, and loves you unconditionally. However, that doesn't mean love is cheap. Some girlfriends expect roses, some expect Michael Kors–you never know until you're fully committed. However, not all of us can afford to spend that money especially with school and well, life in general.
Ottawa can be expensive, and brutally boring at times but there is always a way to get around that. Love doesn't have to be expensive, and it doesn't have to be complicated. Don't know what colour of Marc Jacobs watch your girl wants? Don't know if you should get your BF the grey or white Calvin Klein underwear? Forget it, just take them to one of these places and experience love together, don't buy it.
Here are 15 cheap dates in Ottawa for all broke couples–or even those who are rich AF:
1. Revel in your inner nerd and play arcade games at House of Targ // 1077 Bank Street
2. Rent a canoe or kayak on Dow's Lake // 1001 Queen Elizabeth Drive
3. Challenge your partner to an intense game of Monopoly at The Loft // 14 Waller Street
4. Bond over drinks at any of these amazing// Multiple Locations
5. Snuggle up together at a drive-in movie at Ciné-Parc Templeton // 1779 Boulevard Maloney
6. Treat yo'self (and your SO) to a date at the Cupcake Lounge // Multiple Locations
7. Become kids again at Color Me Mine on TWOsdays // Multiple Locations
8. Laugh 'till your stomach hurts at Absolute Comedy // 412 Preston Street
9. Be an old married couple and check out the Carp Farmers Market on Saturdays // 3790 Carp Road
10. Feel your body vibrate by watching planes take off at YOW // 1000 Airport Parkway Private
11. Face your fears and hold a snake at Little Ray's Reptile Zoo // 5305 Bank Street
12. Support local breweries at Brewery Park // Brewer Park Pond
13. Squeeze the shit out of your SO hand during The Haunted Walk of Ottawa // 46 Sparks Street
14. Discover some eclectic bands at Babylon Nightclub // 317 Bank Street
Follow us on Snapchat: narcityottawa