17 Activities You NEED To Try This August In Toronto
"I can't believe it's August already," said everyone ever.
Inevitably, after July festivities come to a close summer seems to speed up and be over too quickly and without fail, we seem to have misplaced time. However, in a city where there is so much to do, there are still lots of upcoming events for everyone and the opportunity to really make the most of August!
1. Canada's Wonderland Ultimate Thrills Circus at Canada's Wonderland International Showplace
Motorcycle Highwire act, the Russian Swing, Renaldo the Clown and more!
Minimum price: $42 (park entrance fee)
2. Boots and Hearts at Burl's Creek Park
August 6th - 9th
Featuring Brad Paisley, Eric Church, Jesse Labelle and many others.
Photo cred - Vegan Fest Toronto
3. Toronto Vegan Food and Drink Festival at Fort York: Garrison Common
Meatless meet Toronto; come out and sample some of Toronto's vegan cuisine.
Minimum price $10, maximum $20
4. The Rogers Cup at the Rexall Centre
Minimum price: $25
5. Edgefest at Echo Beach Molson Amphitheatre
Minimum Price: $55.50
6. Parapan Am Games at various locations in Toronto
Until August 15th
The Parapan Am Games are the first Games hosted by Canada involving athletes with a disability participating in 15 different sporting events.
More details here!
7. York-Eglinton International Street Festival at Eglinton Avenue West
August 15th -16th
Celebrate Toronto's diversity with live music, dance lessons, food and drinks, a carnival with rides and the largest street dance floor in Toronto!
Photo cred - Taku Kumabe
8. Movies in the park at Riverdale Park
Until August 22nd
Photo cred - Canmark
9. TIFF In The Park at David Pecaut Square
All August - September 2nd at 8/9pm
Here's the movie schedule.
10. The CNE at The Canadian National Exhibition
August 21st - September 7th
One of North America’s largest annual fairs with amusement park rides, live entertainment, food, shopping, games...
General admission: $18
Buy tickets here! (before August 21 and save up to 34%)
11. Murder at the Royal Ontario Museum
Until September 19th
Price: $41.40 (ROM admission included)
The ultimate Clue experience! Test your detective skills and solve a murder mystery at the ROM by Urban Capers. In teams of two-six you will work together on a scavenger hunt and turn over clues throughout the museum to uncover who done it!
Tickets and more here!
Photo cred - Felipe Roehrig Pacheco
12. Toronto HOLI ONE Colour Festival at Woodbine Beach Park
Minimum price: $15 (includes one colour pack)
Celebrate and support equality and unity by throwing paint! HOLI ONE Colour Festival is not a religious festival or event, but is instead a festival aimed to promote the ideas of togetherness and the colour of everyday life.
13. Toronto Islands
Ferry ride, beach, food, drink, amusement park, and a petting zoo!
Buy ride passes here!
14. Pompeii: In The Shadow of The Volcano at The Royal Ontario Museum
The latest exhibit at the ROM displays the life of people in the city of Pompeii.
General admission: $28
15. Toronto Zoo
Until October 31st
General admission: $28
A Giant Panda Experience! Two Giant Panda's now for only the second time ever at the Toronto Zoo. Come meet Er Shun and Da Mao!
16. Ripley's Aquarium at Bremner Boulevard
General admission: $26.98
This is a great solution for a rainy day or a day when you just need the air conditioning to keep you sane.
Photo cred - Posixeleni
17. Kensington Market at Kensington Ave
Food, drink, shops, art, history, community! Welcome to a vibrant diverse neighbourhood with a little bit of everything!
Summer isn't over yet and the opportunities we have within the city are not exhausted yet either. So don't complain about it already being August and not knowing where the time could have possibly gone, because there is still plenty of summer left and many things to look forward to!