20 Things You Have To Try In Toronto While You're Still In Your 20's
For the first time.
Ah... The good young 20's, this decade is the time to explore everything. The time for new exciting experiences, the time to make new friends and to live life to its full potential.
In your 20's, it's important to not only discover your surroundings, but most importantly to discover yourself. Life has so many things to offer to us as humans, but there are certain things you must do at a certain age, because that's when it's applicable.
Now, I'm not saying there's a certain deadline for you to "do things." However, here's a list of 20 things you should probably consider doing in Toronto for the first time in your 20's:
1. Attend a music festival in Toronto.
Whether it's Veld, Bestival or Electric Island - you should rave at least once at a festival. You're full of energy in your 20's, why not take advantage of it? The hangovers will only get worse and your body won't be able to handle these raging parties. Oh and you won't care about getting caked...
2. Complete this Toronto nightclub bucket list.
Because there's a certain age for certain places.
3. Ride the bull at Rock 'n' Horse Saloon.
You don't want to be that wasted 35 year old riding a bull.
4. Road trip to all of these Ontario towns.
Because when you're an adult, you have responsibilities and barely any time off work.
5. Take a cooking class at the Dish.
Because it's one of the best cooking studios in Toronto and you should know how to cook by now.
6. Go camping with a big group of friends at Algonquin Park.
Camping is appropriate at any age, but it's much more fun when you're in your 20's crushing 24's and bbqing in the woods with your friends vs family.
7. Do the 5K Obstacle Run.
Of course you can do a marathon at any age, but the Tough Mudder is a real test of strength. Run, walk or dance through your race, but no matter how you do it, it's sure to be an electrifying experience will definitely be one that you won't forget.
8. Learn how to properly sew at Make Den Studio.
Because your mom won't be there to fix the hole in your pants.
" class="lml-instagram-embed-2" />
9. Take an improv class at Bad Dog Theatre.
There's no better age to discover yourself than your 20's. Taking improv classes will help you bring out your character, let loose and bring out your funny persona - because everyone has one.
10. Go on a blind or Toronto Speed Date.
You get to explore popular venues in Toronto and meet new people at the same time. Plus it's a super fun and cool concept!
11. Go for a concert at The Molson Amphitheatre.
This hip venue is the host of many fun concerts and is the perfect place to make new friends!
12. Complete thispatios list.
Because road trips are always fun in your 20's.
13. Devour the Toronto Food Truck scene.
When you're older, your digestive system tends to not cooperate with junk food.
14. Party hard and take selfies in the Locals Only washroom.
Because you might make decisions you'll regret the next morning.
15. Get drunk at Toronto Beer Festival.
There's a difference between tasting beer and getting wasted at The Beer Festival.
16. Ride the TTC Subway from east to west, north to south - non stop.
Because what 30 year old has time for that?
17. Move out by your mid 20's with a roommate or S/O.
It's time to get ready for the real world. That means you pay for bills and live without depending on mommy and daddy. Whether you choose to rent a place in Liberty, Fort York, King West or any area you could afford - you've got to do it.
18. Challenge yourself with your friends in an Escape room activity.
19. Edge Walk the CN Tower.
Because your 20's are all about being adventurous!
20. Adopt an animal from The Toronto Humane Society.
The best way to prepare yourself before building a family is to own a pet. There comes a lot of responsibility and sacrifices you have to make when owning an animal (that of similar to having a family). Instead of going to a breeder, check out the Toronto Humane society for your next BFF!