This Ontario Town Will Be Transformed Into The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
Yer a wizard, y'all.
This October, all your wizarding dreams will finally come true - an entire town in Ontario will be transformed into the world of Harry Potter for a magical three-day festival.
Goderich, Canada's prettiest town, is hosting an event called Harry Potter and the Transfigured Town from October 13 to 15 of this year. The festival is dedicated to all die-hard fans of J.K. Rowling's boy wizard and is intended to raise funds towards the improvement of the town.
A couple of exciting activities have been confirmed for the festival so far, including:
- Official Quidditch Canada matches for Goderich's Cup,
- Unofficial Quidditch matches for the Marauder's Cup,
- Live performances by The Lovegoods, as well as Tonks and the Aurors,
- Multiple vendors and participating businesses (including a craft wand shop),
- A Poly-Wizard Tournament,
- A House challenge,
- A scavenger hunt,
- Free face painting, and much more!
Tickets cost between $15 and $20 and you can get them in advance here.
Tickets were sold out a few days ago, but the hosting organization Dads & Dragons has announced that 2000 more tickets are now available and will be sold on Tuesday, Jan 31! Read the following for more details:
Cover photo is of Hogsmeade from the HP series.