11 Weird Facts About Harry Potter You Need To Know
Calling all Harry Potter fans. We're bringing you some pretty interesting facts to celebrate the coolest book and movie franchise probably ever. Only REAL fans will know these weird facts.
The Harry Potter franchise from the books to the movies are pretty interesting. Do you think you're a real Harry Potter fan? Put it to the test and see how many of these weird facts about the Harry Potter franchise you already know:
1. J.K Rowling told Alan Rickman the entire story of how the series would end while the first movie was being made (even though the whole book series wasn't even released yet). She wanted Snape's intentions to be authentic throughout the whole movie.
2. The directors of the movie would tell Alan Rickman to act a certain way but he would refuse because he didn't think it was true to Snape's character. He was the only one who knew the full story.
3. Harry Potter has green eyes in the books, the same colour as his mother Lily's. Fans were pissed in the movie Harry didn't have green eyes, but Daniel Radcliffe actually had an allergic reaction to his green contacts.
4. Daniel Radcliffe went through over 160 pairs of glasses during the filming of the series.
5. In a review of The Order of The Phoenix for Entertainment Weekly, Stephen King calls Professor Umbridge the best fictional villain since Hannibal Lecter.
6. Before they started filming Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, director Alfonso Cuarón made the main characters write an essay about their characters. Emma Watson wrote 16 pages about Hermione, Daniel Radcliffe wrote a page about Harry, and Rupert Grint never wrote his. Classic.
7. The dementors are based on how Rowling coped with depression after the death of her mother.
8. The actors who played Fred and George Weasley skipped school to audition for the role. Which is kind of ironic considering the characters they were auditioning for.
9. The famous Harry Potter scar was applied to Radcliffe's face about 2,000 over the course of the films.
10. The Harry Potter hashtag on Instagram has over 16 million posts.
11. Harry Potter merchandise comes in almost everything you could ever need. Including!