During COVID-19, many July 4th, 2020 events are being canceled in California. The stay-at-home order and large event ban are still in place. At least 10 Fourth of July celebrations have shut down so far and there could be many more to come.\n"We know these events are a long-standing tradition and are important to celebrate," Lynn Saunders, President and CEO Truckee Chamber of Commerce, said in a press release.\nShe went on to say, "This decision was not easy. We look forward to the day when we will be able to safely come together for these fun community events."\nWhen will large public gatherings be allowed?\nAt this time, it's not certain.\nSaunders is just one of many government officials who have chosen to cancel 2020's Fourth of July events in California.\nOther cities that postponed their gatherings this year include:\nAtwater\nAntioch\nDavis\nCoronado\nIncline Village in South Lake Tahoe\nNovato\nRedlands\nRedwood City\nVallejo\n#Coronavirus Update: #Martinez #FourthOfJuly fireworks, parade face likely cancellation https://t.co/0X1qKkk743 pic.twitter.com/h4b3mZdPx2— KPIX 5 (@KPIXtv) May 5, 2020\nCoronado is one of the largest cities on the list announcing the cancelation of its festivities.\nABC10 San Diego News reports that committee and city leaders have decided to suspend its 72nd annual fireworks show, parade, and other events including 5k and 10k races, community vendors, Art in the Park, and more.\nWhen asked about the decision to close, City Manager Blair King said, "Unfortunately, it was a decision that had to be made.”\nOn March 12, Governor Gavin Newsom placed a ban on large event gatherings statewide.\n"We have directed cities, counties, private, public sector, large and small -- all throughout the State of California to no longer permit large non-essential events." -- Gov. Newsom on his executive order prohibiting non-essential gatherings of more than 250 people. #coronavirus pic.twitter.com/CDRaDowgGE— Spectrum News 1 SoCal (@SpecNews1SoCal) March 12, 2020\nCity officials say they don't have enough time to get the equipment needed to enforce social distancing and crowd control in accordance with state orders.\nCalifornia's stay-at-home order was issued on March 19 and is still in effect. This includes the six feet apart physical distancing rule.\nMany cities and counties across the state require residents to wear masks when going outside (with limited exceptions).\nGovernor @GavinNewsom issued a stay at home order to protect the health and well-being of all Californians and to establish consistency across the state in order to slow the spread of #COVID19. What does that mean? Find more information here: https://t.co/pTtYNN5DHE— Office of the Governor of California (@CAgovernor) March 20, 2020\nIn some cases, violating these rules could result in $1,000 fines or jail time.\nMake sure to check your local government website for further details.\n* This cover photo was used for illustrative purposes only.