10 Houston Stores With Crazy Black Friday Deals
Shop (and save) 'til you drop!
Black Friday’s back — and it's coming in hot with all sorts of shopping steals. The day after Thanksgiving has become nothing short of a monumental holiday in and of itself with every kind of store under the rainbow serving up can’t-pass-up savings on all sorts of things.
Whether you’re shopping for yourself or getting that Christmas list knocked out early, Friday, November 23 is deal day this year. Well, actually, the special savings start early on Thanksgiving Day and go right through the middle of the night for many especially eager stores (and shoppers!).
So, rock on to these doorbuster deals that will have you giving thanks — again — right after you finish that Thanksgiving feast.
But, hey, if you’re not about that crazy Black Friday life — or, if you’re more into experiences than things — then keep your eye on travel sites. You might just score a cool adventure for next to nothing while hiding from those shopping crowds.
When: Thanksgiving Day, 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.; Black Friday Doorbusters, 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
You may think of Macy’s as the place for clothes. But, this Black Friday, it’s also all about your house and home with every single kitchen appliance you could want at a deep discount — think $7.99 across the board for tons of items, from blenders to panini grills, air fryers, and more — along with plates, cutlery, vacuums (Dyson!), holiday decorations, bedding essentials, luggage, grooming gear and, of course, all the garments for men, women, and children.
- Diamonds are a girl’s best friend — and Macy’s has a $200 pair of diamond cluster stud earrings that are $29.99, with any $50 or more purchase. Of course, this is only while supplies last, which may give you even more motivation to get there early.
- You know you want one: a Vitamix blender. The super-powered wonder machine that will have you making the thickest protein smoothies ever is $50 off. There’s also a pretty legit Ninja Pro Blender, too, that rings in at $59.99 — a savings of $65 off its original price.
- You’ll need a caffeine kick after your Black Friday all-nighter, so the Breville VertuoPlus Deluxe Coffee & Espresso Machine should be perfect. And, at $124.99 down from $312.99, just think of all that money you can save by making your own fancy coffee instead of buying it.
- Upgrade your pots and pans with a new 14-piece nonstick cookware set from your fave Food Network host, Rachael Ray. It’s $89.99, which is a huge savings from its original price of $299.99.
See all the Macy’s Black Friday deals HERE.
When: Thanksgiving Day, opens at 5 p.m to 1 a.m.; Black Friday doors reopen at 7 a.m.
So, we’ve all gone to Target for toilet paper — and emerged an hour later with, well, way more than that. But, this time, you’ll be going with a whole shopping list in mind because of these bullseye deals that are way more exciting than TP. And, you can really deck the halls with their holiday décor, too, that’s on sale.
- Get a hot new phone — the iPhone XS or XS Max — and get a $250 Target gift card with qualified activation on Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T. You can also get a $150 Target gift card with the purchase and qualified activation of an iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, or iPhone X.
- Speaking of phones, all OtterBox symmetry cases will be 40 percent off.
- And, how about an Apple Watch Series 3 with GPS and cellular at $299.99, a savings of $80. Or, go for the rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch that’s as pretty as it is functional. It’s $259.99, which is $70 off its original price.
- If you’re looking to upgrade your #NetflixAndChill setup, then there’s a mega 65-inch Samsung Smart HDR UHD TV that rings in at $799.99, which saves you $300 on this curved, ultra-HD behemoth.
- If you’re not looking for a TV quite so imposing, a “slightly” smaller 49-inch LG 4K Ultra HD UHD TV might be more your speed at $329.99 — a savings of $120.
- Not to continue the TV talk. But, basically, every single brand in every size under the sun will be on sale. So, this is the place if you’re in the market.
See all the Target Black Friday deals here.
When: Thanksgiving Day, opens at 5 p.m.; stays open all night through Black Friday
Basically a one-stop shop, Kohl’s has it all on sale from clothes and jewelry, to electronics, toys, smart-home items, and the list goes on and on. And, that’s not all! With every $50 spent, you’ll get $15 in Kohl's cash to be used from November 24 to December 5 at any Kohl's location.
- Take better holiday photos this year with the Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR camera with Wi-Fi connectivity. It rings in at $399.99, down from $749.99 — plus $120 in Kohl’s cash.
- Get in on the Instant Pot craze by scoring the Duo60 six-quart model for $69.99 (original price: $139.99) — plus $15 in Kohl’s cash. It’s worth every penny for the time you’ll save in the kitchen with this pressure cooker’s seven-in-one options; it’s a meal-prep wonder.
- If you’re wanting to upgrade your screen time, the Samsung 58-inch 4K Smart TV will be on offer for $549.99. It’s normally $899.99, so you’ll save $350 plus get $165 in Kohl’s cash.
- You can also save $100 on the Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB Minecraft Creators Console bundle including 1,000 Minecoins; it will be down to $199.99 (with $60 Kohl’s cash, too!).
- If you have a fitness fanatic who needs a new FitBit — or if you want to get your workout goals started early before the New Year — score an Ionic SmartWatch at $199.99, down from $269.99, plus $60 Kohl’s cash.
See all the Kohl’s Black Friday deals here.
When: Thanksgiving Day, closed; Black Friday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The Home Depot’s “More saving. More doing.” motto really takes on new meaning with Black Friday deals that include everything from power tools (DeWalt and Husky, included) to impressive grills and even patio sets (in case you’re planning ahead for next spring). Innovative smart-home gear is also in the mix as are toys and more.
- Get lit with the store’s exclusive 7.5-foot pre-lit LED Townsend Christmas Tree that’s a super-special buy at $79, instead of $229.
- If you need a new refrigerator, there’s an LG stainless steel French door model that’s really sleek — and a slick $998 instead of $1,699.
See all The Home Depot Black Friday deals HERE.
When: Thanksgiving Day, closed; Black Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The store has lots of beyond-good deals on not just bed and bath, but also lots of kitchen items, housewares, and other good randomness. The important thing to note is to get there between 6 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Black Friday for an extra 20-percent-off coupon on any purchase.
- Embrace the air fryer craze with a Krups 4.4-quart model that’s large enough to accommodate all the sweet potato fries you could want. At $39.99, it’s $40 off its normal price, too.
- This place is really where to get a Dyson, so you can actually have fun cleaning. The Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum is $299.99 — $200 off! Or, go for the V8 Absolute Cord-Free Stick variety for $379.99, down from $499.99.
- If you’ve been waiting for the right time to buy a Keurig, the time is now. The K-Classic K55 Single Serve Coffee Maker is more than 50 percent off at $63.99 (regular price: $129.99). Or, if you’re more of a purist, the Nespresso by De’Longhi VertuoPlus Limited Edition Bundle with Aeroccino3 Frother is only $99.99, huge savings from its regular price of $249.99.
See all the Bed Bath & Beyond Black Friday deals HERE.
When: Thanksgiving Day, opens at 2 p.m.; stays open all night through Black Friday
The store is a goldmine for gifts of all kinds — for your family and friends (and yourself). They’re even staying open all night long, but you’ll want to get to the store early on Thursday for a coupon giveaway that could have you receiving up to $500 off any purchase through December 24. While you’ll find the best deals on things for the home — from all the best plush and fleece blankets, to buzz-worthy small kitchen appliances and necessary major appliances, comforters, pillows, sheets, and the list goes on and on — it’s also holiday central with Christmas trees, wreaths, and other decorations to have your place party-ready in a snap. Oh, and things really sparkle with the red-bow deals of up to 80 percent off of fine jewelry.
- All those decorative, plush, furry, glitzy pillows that you love — and that you can never have too many of — are 60 percent off. So, you can score more than two for the price of one, and your couch will look all the more festive for it.
- Speaking of 60 percent off, all ornaments, wrapping paper, and holiday décor have that same discount.
- For the kids and kids at heart, toys of all kinds are 50 percent off — and, for all the cool-kids, Nike for the family is 30 percent off.
- Both Cooks and Black + Decker small appliances like nonstick griddles, power blenders, coffee makers, rice cookers, toasters, skillets, waffle makers, hand mixers, mini choppers, and more are all $7.99, down from regular prices of $34 to $70.
See all the JCPenney Black Friday deals HERE.
When: Thanksgiving Day, opens at 6 p.m.; stays open all night through Black Friday
If you’re a night owl, you’re in luck. The emporium for mega deals is doing a special Light Up Black Friday promo, which means they’ll be pulling an all-nighter from Thanksgiving evening on — just like JCPenney. They even have a color-coded store map on their app or Walmart.com. For example, entertainment is purple; toys are green; general merch is orange; home is hot pink, and apparel is blue. Special buys include Sony PS4s, Roku Smart TVs, Google Home Hubs, Hoverboards, laptops and gaming systems, phones, and more.
- This is the place to be if you have kiddos to shop for, as there will be a whole host of toys, dolls, board games, and more that are only $5 and $10 each. To really make a statement, go for a giant plush dino or unicorn that’s only $20 despite the massive size!
- Upgrade your entertainment system with an LG 37-inch 300W Sound Bar that includes a wireless subwoofer for only $99 – a $130 savings. And, of course, you’ll need a better screen to go with that. So, the Samsung 55-inch Class 4K Smart TV is only $398 instead of $699.99.
- If you or someone you know wants an iPad, you can cross that off the list with a $249 one that’s a score since the regular price is $329.
- And, join the drone life with the Vivitar Aero-View Video Drone for real-time video with Follow Me technology. It’s only $69; it was $129.
See all the Walmart Black Friday deals HERE.
When: Black Friday, 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Load up on all the athleisure and sporting goods you need (and want) with Academy’s deals that include 40 percent off of Under Armour and Nike gear as well as steep discounts on footwear. And, start those New Year’s resolutions early with hot deals on in-home fitness equipment that will cost you less than some gym’s initiation fees. Academy is also a Yeti jackpot with a $50 gift card if you spend $250 or more on Yeti products.
See all the Academy Sports + Outdoors HERE.
When: Thanksgiving Day, 6 p.m. to midnight; Black Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
You may not immediately think of going to Michaels for Black Friday. But, think again, because this is the place you’ll save up to $200 on pre-lit Christmas trees along with 70 percent off doorbusters that include artsy-craftsy holiday ribbon, decorations, tinsel, wrapping paper, bows, lights, ornaments, wreaths, collectibles and more. Frames and shadow boxes are also 50 percent off — a solid gift idea for someone who’s hard to shop for, especially if you personalize the photos inside.
See all the Michaels Black Friday deals HERE.
When: Thanksgiving Day, closed; Black Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Get all the eclectic gifts at this place that always has interesting things to browse. Ornaments are BOGO; so are candles, teas, bath and body care, coffee mugs, and more. Plus, many other home-cool items are 40 percent off, including furniture — in case you’re in the market for a gift for your own home.
See all the World Market Black Friday deals HERE.