This frozen peppermint hot chocolate is the perfect way to get lit at your family Christmas party this holiday season. If you want to seriously impress your friends and family, whip together this crazy delicious boozy hot cocoa in record time. You can literally make these #instaworthy drinks in five minutes.
This impressive frozen treat is the perfect balance of sweetness. Not overly sweet, but the perfect amount that you'll be sipping these twisted hot cocoas all night long. The recipe doesn't call for liquor, but I think we can all agree that liquor only ever improves a recipe. So I've taken the liberty of modifying the original recipe so we can make it Irish this Christmas. 😏
Okay, let's get mixing!
- Crushed Candy Canes
- 50 g Melted White Chocolate (+ extra for decorating the glass)
- 3 tbsp Warm Milk
- 2 cups Candy Cane Ice Cream (or Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream)
- 1/2 cup Cold Milk
- 2 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Whole Candy Canes
- Festive Straws
Makes 2 servings.
1. Decorate the glasses by drizzling the extra melted white chocolate onto the inside of 2 chilled glasses. Dip the rims into melted chocolate as well, and immediately dip into crushed candy canes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the rest of your melted white chocolate and warm milk.
3. Add this mixture to a blender along with your ice cream, Baileys and cold milk.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour into the glasses and top with whipped cream and extra crushed candy canes.
6. Garnish with a full candy cane and festive straw!
Original recipe by Pankobunny.