Let us tell you why we love Moscow Mules: THE ADORABLE COPPER CUPS! HELLOO!!
Okay, that's not the only thing we love about them. They're the perfect combination of sweet, tart, bubbly and gingery. So why not make them into jello shots in lime shells that are even cuter than those copper cups?! And the chopped up mint garnish...ah-freaking-dorable.
These are perfect to make for a summer patio party with the squad. Just be careful, once you pop, you can't stop.
Here's how it's done!
- 6 large limes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup vodka
- Chopped fresh mint (about 2 tbsp.)
1. Slice the limes in halves and hollow them out with your fingers, or you can also use a knife or spoon. Then squeeze out the juices from the inner flesh into a container until you have 1/3 cups of lime juice (if you don't have enough, just use lime juice from a bottle).
Pro-tip: When hollowing out the limes, do it over a container to retain as much lime juice as possible!
2. Set aside the lime shells into a pan or baking sheet. If the limes shells roll, you can lay down a kitchen towel underneath.
3. In a small pot over low heat, add lime juice, ginger beer and sprinkle the gelatin powder over top and allow the mixture to bloom for about 5 minutes (refer to the image above of what "blooming" looks like).
4. Stir the mixture until the gelatin powder is completely dissolved. Bring down the mixture to a low simmer and then add the vodka. And finally whisk in half of the chopped up mint and remove from the heat.
5. Pour the mixture evenly into each lime shell and garnish with more mint! Then place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
6. Finally slice the the limes in half again and you have adorable lime wedge Moscow Mule jello shots! YAY!
Original recipe found on Delish.