Let us just begin by saying, tacos are the sh*t. There probably isn't a single person on this continent who doesn't enjoy a nice, cheesy, saucy taco.
But as a sweet tooth, it would be nice have a taco that were just as delicious, but sweet! Introducing the S'mores Taco. It is literally the perfect combo of sweet, chocolate-y, gooey, marshmallow-y and crunchy. Props to the pioneers of the s'mores and the taco, because without you, we wouldn't have the holy matrimonious combination of S'MORES TACO!
So we'll be honest, this sweet treat does take a little prep work. But the results are sooooo worth it.
Here's how to make it!
To make the cookie taco shell...
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 paper towel roll
- aluminum foil
To fill up those tacos...
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 bars of chocolate
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
PART 1 // How to make the cookie taco shells
1. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
2. In another bowl, add the softened butter, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract and whisk thoroughly.
3. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir together with a large spoon or spatula until it is completely combined. Then roll it up into a ball, cover with saran wrap, and set it in the fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour.
4. While the cookie dough is resting in the fridge, you'll have to create a taco-making device. Cover the paper towel rolls with aluminum foil and cut the rolls into 5-6 pieces and set them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Now set your oven to 325°F and let's get rolling! Roll out the cookie dough evenly on a lightly floured surface. Use a cup as your tracing tool, and cut out circle shapes from the dough.
6. Place the cookie dough rounds on the aluminium "taco-maker" rolls and place them in the oven to bake for ~10 mins. Then let the "taco" shells rest until cool.
PART 2 // How to assemble the s'mores tacos
7. Heat up your broiler and assemble the tacos! Add the marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers onto the cookie taco shells and stick it under the broiler for 2 minutes until the marshmallows are lightly browned.
8. TADAA!!! YOU MAY NOW FEAST!
Original recipe found on Delish.