These Watermelon Jello Shots Are The Perfect Sweet Treats For Summer
It's water-mah-lone...inside a water-mah-lone!
Everyone loves shots, and don't even get me started about jello shots. And just when you thought thesewere the pinnacle of your summer, here comes watermelon shots!
It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life, it's water-mah-lone...inside a water-mah-lone! Literally! It's actually watermelon Jolly Rancher jello inside watermelon. These watermelon shots are possibly the most summer-y jello shots you'll ever make in your entire life and it's incredibly easy too.
And here's how it's done.
- half of 1 medium watermelon
- 2 3-oz. boxes of watermelon jello
- 1 box of unflavored gelatin (4 envelopes total)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of vodka
1. Hollow out the inside of the watermelon have with a large spoon. Leave about 1/2 inch of the red watermelon flesh above the white rind. Then set the watermelon on a tray with 2 rolled up kitchen towels on the side to keep it from rolling.
Pro tip: Scoop out the watermelon nicely so that you can eat the hollowed out bits later...don't scoop it out like a monster so it's too disgusting and unappetizing to eat later.
2. In a bowl, mix in the all the gelatin in with all the watermelon jello powder. Add 2 cups of boiling water and stir the mixture until the powder is completely dissolved. Then ADD THE BOOZEEEE!
3. Pour the jello mixture into the hollow watermelon and place it in the fridge (with the tray) for 3-4 hours to allow the mixture to set.
4. Slice the watermelon with a large knife as per how you would normally would, and TADA!!!! WATERMELON SHOTS!
Other recipes you'll love...