The only thing I can think of when I see this drink is: "Raindrops, lollipops, and rainbows" - everything that happiness is made of. And even though summer is not a time for raindrops (drop-top...sorry I had to), it's definitely time for getting day drunk with fruity drinks on the patio.
This cocktail is super easy and incredibly fun to make. It's colourful, sweet, and the best part is, you can make it as boozy as you want! Or if you're not a drinker, you could totally also substitute the booze for Sprite or just water.
If this dangerously delicious rainbow candy drink doesn't bring out the sugar, spice and everything nice inside of you, I don't know what will. Here's how you make it!
- Multi-coloured popsicles (or freezies)
- All your favourite multi-coloured candies
- Multi-coloured sprinkles
- Corn syrup
- Water or Sprite
- Rum or vodka (or any alcohol of your choice)
1. Pour a little corn syrup and candy sprinkles into two separate dishes. Dip the rim of a glass into the corn syrup and then into the sprinkles.
2. Line a dish with parchment paper and place the glass upside down on the dish. Let it sit in the freezer until the sprinkles and corn syrup are fully hardened.
3. It's time to create the rainbow layers! For each layer, use 1 coloured popsicle and 1 oz. of liquid (you can decide on the ratio of alcohol to water/Sprite) and mix in a blender to create a slushie texture. Then pour your first layer into the glass.
Tip: When deciding your alcohol to water/Sprite ratio, just remember that each layer will have 1 oz. of liquid. So you can make as dangerously boozy or virgin as you want.
4. Continue step 3 for each colour of popsicle. Make sure you work quickly and also place your glass in the freezer between making each layer to prevent the slush from melting.
5. Once you have stacked each layer of coloured slushie in your glass, crown it with all your favourite colourful candies. We recommend the Twizzlers, Jujubes, Nerds, and Rainbow belts.
Original recipe found here