This Mermaid Ice Cream Might Be The Most Beautiful Thing You've Ever Eaten
Making your mermaid dreams come true.
I'm a bit of an ice cream addict, and I'll go to any lengths to maintain at least one tub of ice cream in my freezer.
But this got me thinking, if I love ice cream so much, why not try making it too? And if we're going to make ice cream, we can't just make any ice cream. We're going to choose the most extra ice cream recipe we can find.
Thanks to the Delish fam, we've got a gorgeous mermaid ice cream you've got to try to make for yourself. We've tried it out, and it's got our seal of deliciousness approval. Here's how you make it:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- green, blue, and purple food coloring
1. Pour 3 cups of heavy cream into a large bowl and whip using a hand blender or a standing mixer. Whisk the cream until medium soft peaks form (meaning that it should look like this).
2. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, and then separate the mixture evenly between 5 bowls.
3. In each bowl, add different amounts of the food colouring to create various shades of purple, blue and green.
- 1-2 drops purple = purple
- 4 drops green + 3 drops blue = jade green
- 5-6 drops blue + 1-2 drops green = turquoise
You can also try variations of these ratios to create the colour you want.
4. Take a 9" x 5" loaf pan, and dollop the different colours throughout the pan until it is full.
5. Take a knife and swirl all the colours together just enough so it looks pretty and whimsical. Avoid over mixing...otherwise you'll get one big pile of blue cream.
6. Decorate the top with sprinkles and candy pearls. Then leave it in the freezer for at least 5 hours and it's ready to serve!
TADAA!! Ariel would be proud.
Original recipe found on Delish.