It's official. After the launch of Starbuck's Unicorn Frappe, we can pretty well say without a doubt that 2017 is the year of the unicorn.
If you haven't already died your hair rainbow colours or bought a unicorn phone case, it's time you got on trend. And how you ask? By making these delicious sweet and tasty treats: Rainbow Unicorn Candy Bark!
It's colourful, delicious, fun to make, and the finished product is absolutely magical. If you're not into incredibly sweet desserts, then this might not be the treat for you. But if you've got a sweet tooth the size of unicorn's horn, read on!
Here's how to make it:
- 34 oz white candy melts (24oz and 10 oz separated)
- Rainbow cereal (Froot Loops and Lucky Charms)
- Rainbow Sour Candy Belts
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Pink food colouring
- Vegetable oil
1. Line a rimmed baking pan (15" x 10") with parchment paper.
2. Separate the white candy melts into two separate bowls of 24 oz and 10 oz. Melt one bowl at a time in the microwave at 30 second increments and add a few teaspoons of vegetable oil after the first microwaving session to thin out the mixture. Add a few drops of pink food colouring to the 10 oz bowl.
3. Pour the white candy melts mixture into the baking pan and then pour the pink candy melts mixture on top. Use a toothpick to swirl the two colours to create a pretty pattern.
4. Add the sprinkles, rainbow candy belts, cereal in whatever you way like until you yet... THIS!
5. Place the rainbow beauty in the fridge until it's rock solid.
6. Remove the bark from the parchment paper (it should come off easily) and break it apart into pieces of any size you want.
7. Stuff your mouth with rainbow coloured goodness until you become a unicorn 🦄🦄🌈🌈.
Recipe and photos: Hello Wonderful